puppy issues?

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

kelleyanne1988

puppy issues?

Post by kelleyanne1988 »

I just realized what would be pretty cool. Is if every now and then she threw in a show where she's helping a family train their new puppy. You know, ones that need potty training, are still a baby, learning what to chew on and what not to chew on, etc. Be kind of like a "here's how to stop your puppy from turning into a problem dog when you first get them". It would be pretty helpful to people like me at times, I'm sure very informational as to how she deals with puppies at the beginning.
Have an Amazing Day,
Kelley Anne, Gunner, and Bear
chanels mum

Post by chanels mum »

Yes please! What a great idea :)
thevelvetvampire

Re: puppy issues?

Post by thevelvetvampire »

Yes i agree. I have a 4 month old dachshund pup. He can sweet and loving one min then hes snappy and biting me hes even drawn blood a few times. Ive tryed giving him a teething toy that can be filled with treats to stop him from chewing on things he shouldnt chew on but that doesnt keep hes attention long enough.Also having potty training issues he will only use puppy training pads inside and does nothing when we try taking him out he waits till we come back inside and goes then.
Dachshunds are so stubborn i bought a book on dachshunds but theres no advice for problems.So a puppy episode would be very helpfull.
MeganSLP

Post by MeganSLP »

Oh my god, I would love it! It is so hard having been a huge of IMOTD for about 2 years now and I'm just worried that I'm going to turn the dog into a future episode! :( I would just love to see her with a new pup and see how she approaches things. Supposedly she lives around Atlanta and my husband has been dying to see if we could hire her for our new pup. :lol:
doxielover

Post by doxielover »

Great idea! Maybe she could focus on one family's pup from the time they get it through six months, focusing on problems most puppy owners face (the reason I only adopt adult dogs from now on :) A preventive dog training show...I love it.