Annie and Dottie bagged a rabbit!

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Post by Fundog »

wvvdiup: WOW! :shock: Nothing like a free meal to aid in your recovery, eh? The dogs are earning their keep, lol.

Gershep: That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh; it's a great way to end my day (I'm nocturnal). :D
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I have some Hickory nut trees in my backyard, so it's nothing to see squirrels in them. But what is funny is watching my German Shepherd mix and my Akita sitting and looking up in the trees, waiting for a squirrel to come down. Unfortunately for the dogs, the squirrels run and jump from branch to branch, and the dogs chase them from underneath. It is so funny to watch them do this! I'm hoping my dogs won't sit under my trees when the nuts fall because they hurt!

At any rate, when I get some more squirrels, I'll send some out to Fundog to cook! :lol:

wvvdiup1
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

I remember a lab I grew up with play the same game with squirrels and trees....Aft er 3 years he finally bagged one. He paraded the carcass around for about a week afterwards. It was funny because he would leave it at the door step come in and upon going out again he would picked it and run around with it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Ckranz,

Sounds like you had something to bury! You know, thinking back, of all the dogs I've had, I had only one dog who didn't case trees for squirrels or chase squirrels or rabbits, and that was the Lapsa Apsa/Poodle mix ("LapsaPo") my mother had. This little dog would sniff around my trees, especially my hickory nut trees, until a nut would fall, then she would bark at the nuts! :lol:

I often wondered who was the nut under the trees! :lol:

Fundog, I might still be recovering, but I'm sure eating good! The rabbits and squirrels my dogs got where delicious! Yummmmmmy! :D

wvvdiup1