Anyone know about Diamond Dog food?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

horsefreak88

Post by horsefreak88 »

Most feed stores I know of carry a decent selection of dog food. Petco also has a natural foods section. Also check around to see if there are any boutiques that may carry any of the brands listed above. Personally, I buy Annie's food from a boutique simply because I like to support small businesses :)
Emmy'sMama

Post by Emmy'sMama »

You might give them a call. In my experience, the stores that carry the premium brands of dog kibble usually specialize in dog/cat/bird/rodent and other "house" animal's food. Many also sell toys, leashes, shampoos, and maybe birds and other smaller critters--sort of a mini-Petsmart. Before I started researching kibble and feeding my dog premium brands, I hardly noticed that these sorts of stores carried dog food.

In addition, most brands (such as Innova, Merrick, Wellness) will list stores that carry their kibble by zip code on their web sites. So if you are interested in their food, you could look up your zip code.
maryd

Post by maryd »

Awesome ideas. I will definatly do a look up by zip code and I love the idea of being able to support local business. I try to do that as much as I can.
Mary D
joji732

large breed

Post by joji732 »

Be aware that large breed puppies can have growth problems if they are not fed a diet with appropriate balance of calcium, potassium, etc. Large breed puppy foods (as opposed to just general puppy foods) are specifically formulated to avert some of the typical problems that can arise.
maryd

Post by maryd »

That is exactly what I was worried about with large breed foods. I do not want to mess anything up if I do not feed him a large breed puppy if he needs everything that is in it. YIKES so much to think about and I just do not want to do the wrong thing. It feels like when I had my first child at 18 and felt completely confused!!!
Mary D