Breakthroooooooough!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Breakthroooooooough!!

Post by danabanana »

Just wanted to share :D

I don't know whether it was seeing me hit by a car, or having her second season, or just generally growing up, but I can no longer call Teagan the beaglemonster.

After tearing my hair out, asking her breeders for advice and at one point seriously wondering whether I was doing the right thing by keeping her - she seems to have transformed.

Gone is the tan terror that ate my housemates collectable troll dolls, took the heels off my shoes and buttons off a couple of my tops, howled the house down if I left her and ripped up the lino in the bathroom (while I was in the shower!!)

I seem to have the beagle I always wanted. She's perfect! Chilled out in the house, ready to get up and go when I am. Happy to sleep in her crate and relax for a bit without giving the neighbours cause to complain. I can go have a shower now and leave her in my bedroom knowing that my duvet will be intact when I come back.

I really hope this is the end of the puppy stage and the terrible twos, because I have just fallen in love with my dog all over again!

P.S. For those interested - next hospital appointment on Tuesday - fingers crossed I can get this brace off my leg and walk my own dog for the first time since January!

P.P.S. She's still had no more fits since before Christmas :lol:
Kittylove5

Post by Kittylove5 »

Congratulations about your dog :P

Maybe she felt that since you were going through so much now she'd be a good doggy for now on.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Whatever you've been doing has obviously paid off. Well done!
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

The troll dolls deserved it :wink:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Fantastic news - onward and upward :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Isn't it great when that "magic" day comes, and you discover your dog is everything you dreamed of, and you feel totally in love with your dog, and you miss the dog when you are at work, and when you are driving home all you can think about is hugging that wriggly, wiggly furball in your arms and receiving warm, wet kisses. (Big sigh) Aaah, puppy love!