Silly things your dog has done.

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sam-chan

Silly things your dog has done.

Post by Sam-chan »

I was wondering if anyone had funny canine stories to share. I could think of several, but I'm going to just say a favourite.

The family house has an angular wall in the sunroom, which has the bathroom on the opposite side. Facing this wall is a set of French doors with floor-length, fairly thick curtains. One evening not long after getting our dog he worked his way under the curtains (they're always closed in the evenings) and before anyone could lift the curtainoff of him he walked straight into the angular wall. I always think of this as an effort to cheer everyone up because we got him one Sunday and my aunt died the following Thursday.
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss! :( regards

As for silly things dogs have done i have a few...

My bf energetic collie cross is the clumsiest dog EVER, he legs it down the stairs and runs straight into the lounge door, also he runs in from the garden and into my bf's mums recliner chair smacking his chin yet he still does this!!!!

Also he is a very greedy dog as we rescued him and he was on the streets when they found him, he has knicked the following from the kitchen:

4 bagels,(the hole empty packet was found on the floor)
6 hot cross buns (as above)
tub of margerine- completly licked it out
easter eggs!
and even (can you belive this) a hole packet of fibogel! ewww wot is this dog on???

We now make sure everything is put away! :)
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]
ellie2006

Flour and water

Post by ellie2006 »

My old lab cross dog, Bert got bored while I was out one day, got hold of a bowl of dry flour from the kitchen worktop, ate the lot... eugh, then must have had a little drink of water which just moistened the flour, but didn't wash it off. By the time I got home, it had set hard (apprx an hour), when we finally got it off, it had worked a bit like leg wax, and his chin was nearly bald!
My present dog, Branston is so passive, he will run up to a sick rabbit, lick it and run off like its no more interesting than a stone. Will allow sheep to intimidate him and I've had lambs grzing his fur as he slept! Hes presently snuggled up next to the cat(his best friend) on his bed. Ahh :D
Every dog should be able to be a dog
Ingy

Silly things

Post by Ingy »

my dog likes to have a nice sleep when we are watching telly but We have to laugh about the amount of times Tia has a mad dream and starts running and barking in a squeaky way!!
Ingrid Harvey
http://www.aristocatsanddapperdogs.co.uk/
For all your pets supplies click onto our new website.
Lucylocket

Post by Lucylocket »

My GSD should be a retriever! If you toss a large stone or stick into a trough, she will go swimming and put her head right under water to get the object until she actually retrieves it! Also, it's really hot and humid right now (it's our summer) and often we will find her just sitting up in a trough cooling off. Quite cute really - self-bathing dog. :)
Sam-chan

Post by Sam-chan »

I swear my Dal's mad, I decided to add a few:

I'm the oldest of three kids, and when he was still teething my brother had to pick his GCSE options. Unfortunately, Oscar (the dog) absolutely trashedmy brother's form. He had to go to school the next day with a note from my Mum saying that he really did eat it.

Also, in a relapse of this antic, he destroyed one of Mum's cookbooks (a small one on Indian food that is older than I am, and I turned 18 last July).

He also chews erasers like gum if he finds them.
x Sarah x

Post by x Sarah x »

Hmmm a few things my Meg has done (we call her Smeg btw :lol: )

Played with a slug then came inside with sticky slime all round her mouth (ewwww) was a mission to get off!

She thinks water is solid so when she goes paddling in the lake, fountain, pool etc she runs around in circles frantically trying to catch droplets :roll: or if shes in the fountain at the park which is large and circular she hops like a bunny round in big circles for ages and every stops to watch :P

When she was a pup we took her on a woodland walk, there was a big lake there, we were stood on the platform looking over and we heard a 'bleoop' and she was gone, had fallen off the platform into the water, she was still o the lead and we had to fish her out :roll: bless her, she looked like a drowned rat after :lol:

When she chases spiders and flies, she nips at them with her teeth, its soo funny though as her lips curl back and she looks like shes smiling :P

She was in the pond once (which is out of bounds to her as its for wildlife) and she was paddling so i came up behind her and gave her a nudge and she fell in the deep end :lol: she never went back in it again :P i'm so evil

and one more before i start boring you, when she yawns her lips don't go back into place, instead they curl under and it looks like shes smiling, sometimes she falls asleep like it and its soo funny, here a pic :D

Enjoy!
Nic25

Post by Nic25 »

My huntaway Sable (farm dog) likes to "herd" our cat. We find her lying across doorways and hallways stopping her from leaving (its meant in a nice way *grin*). When Sable was little our old cat had been convinced that we brought her as a toy for her. Artemis (cat) used to follow Sable around patting her bottom gently and then as Sable got bigger Arty used to stage mock "attacks". We would have Sable race into the lounge with Arty hot on her heels, Sable would then drop to the ground and Arty would pounce on top of her growling (and Arty was a little cat *giggle*) If Sable dared move a paw or twitch an ear Arty would lung at it and bite it (gently). We still kick ourselves for never recording these moments and tragically we lost Arty (car hit her) not to long afterwards.
Sable was devasted and searched for her for weeks (made me cry lots). She adores our new little cat (Griffin) and I think the herding instinct is to protect her *aww* and Griff puts up with it well, she even bunts Sable and Otis (our staffie) in greeting which we are very impressed by (our dogs can be a little boisterous and Otis tends to *swat* small animals)

Also if you want to see something really funny blow up a bunch of balloons in a room where you don't mind your dogs gng nuts in and let them loose! We nearly fell over laughing the first time we did this and by the end of it our dogs where keeping the balloons in the air for fun:) Although if your dog is likely to try and eat the "dead" balloons I don't recommend this. Ours where too distracted by the full balloons to eat them and we were able to clean up the "dead" balloons as we went.
Owner of two big (30kg each) puppies and one wee cat :)
loza123

Post by loza123 »

Hi
Would you be able to show me a photo or a link of your dog as i think we have a huntaway

take a look!!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193 ... pyface.jpg

loza
Nic25

Post by Nic25 »

Hello :)
I will check out your pic when I get home from work as the photo is blocked from this computer. I'll see if I can get a pic of my dogs on but if i can't here is a description of Sable
She is about the size of a small to medium lab and about as stocky with a mainly black body. She has light tan feet and muzzel with a tan "dash" above each eye. Her tail is long, black and curls with a white tip.
The hunterways I have seen on farms have the same markings but are taller and leaner (due to body shape not just exercise) and they all seem to like to "talk" alot. We were very amused one day when we were stopped by a couple who commented on how quiet she was for a huntaway - if only they saw her at home *grin*
Owner of two big (30kg each) puppies and one wee cat :)
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

well where do I start...
I have an AB aswell as a rescue EBT.
The AB Ethel, is fine and very placid, but the EBT Monty, is an absolute mental case... Not only does he do the most tremendous bullieruns all over the house, he also burps like a human and trumps like one too. He is a hoover without a doubt, only this week I have fished 2 whole socks from his poop. He steals pants if you let him, and plays tug of war with my bra's with my other dog. He talks to me, and walks and runs in his sleep.
He is very caring though... only the other week he, very kindly, lowered the heels on my new court shoes, as they were obviously too high for me. Isnt he thoughtful :lol: He has also killed the deadly triffid plants that I mistakenly planted the other day too. He obviously knew they would uproot from the ground and attack us all in the night, so he got in there first!
Bless him. Ethel just sits and watches him, as if to say " Oh Boy your in for it now pal!!!"
MEL AND ZULU

Post by MEL AND ZULU »

Talking of killer plants.. . .

While living in africa, me and my hubby had just moved into a new house.
Our Boxer Zulu was about 7 months old at the time and going through his crazy pup time where life was just gr8 for him and every thing was a game.
We decided to make our garden look nice so we spent 2000.00 on plants and brought a border fence to put around the flowers.
My hubby was soooo proud of his garden, it had taken him 3 days over a bank holiday to do and it was looking lovely.
We went to work on the Tuesday and returned, all was well.
On the wednesday when we got home i noticed the leaves to a banana plant that he had planted behind the wall werent hanging at an angle anymore. Getting in to the garden first with a real bad feeling, i noticed that all hell was about to break lose. . . .
Every plant had been ripped out by the roots and chewed and torn up, the fence had been pulled out and was lying in the middle of the garden, i though ut oh, someones gonna die now and i quickly opened the front door. Zulu obviously didnt think anything of it and ran down the drive towards my hubby with a banana leaf wrapped around his foot.
The next thing, zulu was flying around the corner at the rate of knots followed by a very angery daddy who was waving the broom at him.
I of course locked that angry daddy out of the house till 2200 until he had calmed down and he and zulu didnt talk for a few days.
A boxers face is always filled with expressions but that was one i will never forget. . . very funny. . . :lol: