Kids torture puppies

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ocelot0411

Kids torture puppies

Post by Ocelot0411 »

This from the Manchester Evening News today.

Warning - this is very disturbing and not for the faint hearted. I am utterly speachless....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... es_on_fire
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Thanks for the warning-- since I am of the "fainthearted," I opted out of viewing. Were the youth punished, and if so, in what way? Did the puppies die, or were they able to be saved?
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

For anyone else who doesn't want to click, the puppies were rescued by a passerby who caught the kids and took the pups to the RSPCA. But warning, there's a photo of the pups with their fur singed.
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Just soo horrible, on the news today somewhere in Kent they have found at least 5 killed and mulitated dogs.... there is a strong link between kids who torture and then go on and kill. :cry:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Thanks for the rest of the story, Noobs.

Kato, yes, many murderers and other perps of violent crime also have a history of animal cruelty. In addition, even someone who is known to be manipulative or psychologically abusive toward the other people in their lives (spouse, children, etc.), also are abusive to animals as well.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Children have to be taught not to hurt animals. They are rarely born empathetic with anything except themselves. These are not necessarily mass murderers in the making, but children who have been failed by their parents, as those puppies have also been failed by *somebody* allowing the children access.

It's one of the reasons I overreact when someone specifies a dog should be "good" with children when what they mean is My little darlings should be allowed to pull and poke and hurt the dog and it should not react. Even people who are otherwise really good parents seem to think this is okay. And there lie the roots of animal cruelty - never being taught to respect the animals and treat them well.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

These pups are now safe at the Halifax branch of the RSPCA animal home.

We often get really bad cases into the pound from this area, my little Staffy Ellie is one of them, Tilly another. Unfortunately we have had an odd dog that has been too far gone to help and we have to let them go, we get really upset when this happens, it wasn't our fault the dog was like this but we still feel we failed them.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Nettle wrote: It's one of the reasons I overreact when someone specifies a dog should be "good" with children when what they mean is My little darlings should be allowed to pull and poke and hurt the dog and it should not react. Even people who are otherwise really good parents seem to think this is okay. And there lie the roots of animal cruelty - never being taught to respect the animals and treat them well.
You're right, Nettle-- that just drives me crazy about some parents! :evil: