What does Victoria feeds her dogs?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

iluvpaws

What does Victoria feeds her dogs?

Post by iluvpaws »

Just curious
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

I wonder too
dustyhelp

Post by dustyhelp »

wish i knew. maybe it depends on the breed of dogs she has or she feeds them different stuff?

will be in wonder still....
Olliekinz

Post by Olliekinz »

I wish I knew as well......I don't think we'll ever know unless they start sponsering her
Maltipoo-Oliver
Blk Lab-Katie
Sheltie-Poker
German Shep.-Shadow or Lucky's Shadow(Reg. name)
m8r5k

She's a good mommy

Post by m8r5k »

Even healthy dog foods have extra stuff in them. I can't imagine her not feeding them real meat and veggies. I know she uses chicken as treats on her show. Not milk bones.
Is a dogs life worth my own? I wish I knew.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Almost all of the episodes I have seen show Victoria saying that while most dog foods are satisfactory, a dog's life can get rather dull eating the same food day in and day out. So to remedy that, Victoria often suggests people augment their dog's dishes with "a little people food" mixed in: fresh, raw, or cooked cut up vegetables, and maybe some lean meat (such as chicken), or a little broth, and stir it all up nice with the dry kibble.
Emmy'sMama

Post by Emmy'sMama »

I think I have seen her--at least on the British episodes--encourage owners who make too much of a fuss over preparing their dogs' meals try more hassle-free feeding. I can't remember if she recommended kibble or not though. I just remember one episode in particular in which the owners of, as I recall, two labs would spend an hour or more each meal preparing high-priced meat and veggies for their dogs. Then they would be too tired to prepare a quality meal for themselves and their son, so they would eat a microwaved dinner! Again, I don't recall what she suggested as an alternate to this obvious imbalance. On the other hand, there was the episode with the young and energetic lab who would eat his own feces and Victoria told his owners that his cheap-quality food might have something to do with the fact that he always had an insatiable appetite. But I think in that case, the owners ended up feeding a better quality kibble.

I'm sure Victoria would encourage owners to feed the diet that best suits their dog's and their own health and lives, whether raw, cooked, or kibble.
mselisabs

Post by mselisabs »

I remember the episode with the two black labs, I think they were also dane mixes. Anyway, I believe she told them to get cheaper "people" food and mix it with dry! A great alternative.
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Somewhere I read you can't even count on buying what your vet says because they are paid to sell particular dog foods... I believe I read this in her book but could be mistaken.

I wish she'd recommend a brand.
~ Carol

Carly, Lab/poodle mix born Jan 12, 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Feathers wrote:Somewhere I read you can't even count on buying what your vet says because they are paid to sell particular dog foods...

Yes that's true.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Emma&Tess

Post by Emma&Tess »

In Victoria's book fat dog slim she says that she uses organic foods only and they have no artificial colours or flavours or preservatives

maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I bet VS feeds her dogs Ceasar Millan's organic Dog Food, LOL..... :lol: 8)
mj702002

Post by mj702002 »

As far as vets... mine recommends Purina!
2 out of the 3 dr.s we have seen since having Teddy told me that Purina Puppy chow was a far better food to feed him over the Taste of the Wild - even after telling them about his very loose poops, they still recommended the Puppy Chow. (the only one that thought the Taste of the Wild was a good food was the youngest and newest vet to the vet clinic we go to)
I looked up on that dog food review site...Taste of the Wild is a 6 star food (and grain free, which is why I chose that food for him), verses the Purina Puppy Chow is a 1 star food, first main ingredient being corn.
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

I was pricing Innova and saw that that company also makes HealthWise. At my store a 30 pound bag of HealthWise is about $30 where a 30 pound bag of Innova is $47

What star is HealthWise? How does it compare to Innova? Can you feed regular Adult Chicken and Oatmeal formula HealthWise to a puppy?
~ Carol

Carly, Lab/poodle mix born Jan 12, 2009
mj702002

Post by mj702002 »

Someone else had posted this site on hear a while ago... www.dogfoodanalysis.com