What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MPbandmom

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by MPbandmom »

Success! posted first try.!

Thanks again! :D
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yay!! Let me know if you have any problems with the different browser...
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

is there specfic months for the challenge (like a start and end date?) that might be fun to do with bax. we do 1-2 miles a day but it would be nice to get the extra oomph to comitting to 2
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

My computer must be haunted. Now the other browser isn't working.

Shalista, search for facebook group 3rd Annual 100 Fall Frolics and Finds Dog Walking Challenge for details. There are only a couple more days to register before the group becomes private.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

request sent! thanks!
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
antwonsmith

Post by antwonsmith »

Noting
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

The weather was sunny but cold today so only had one walk with my two little dogs Pip and Libby .
Colt_An2

Post by Colt_An2 »

I've sadly been disregarding the dogs today, and had my wife take care of them; I'm taking a 30-minute break because I've been asked at my job to handle a ridiculously high amount of work until tomorrow morning, and by "ridiculous amount", I mean having to translate twenty articles of this size. I think I'll be eating Russian real estate investment habits all night long, so much that I won't be needing breakfast tomorrow!
It pains me that I haven't been able to spend time neither with my family nor with the dogs, as the evening walk has always been mine. Hell, our older dog even came up to me while I was working and didn't understand for a while that it would be my wife today who takes him around! I just hope that it won't mess too much with their sleep habits to have me stay all night long in front of the computer (we have a yard, but it's really cold outside so they're sleeping inside). At least, the cats are, as always, absolutely unfazed!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

That's a bit unreasonable, isn't it, Olivier? Do they make a habit of this?

I'm guessing you translate from Russian into English - is that right?
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I gave Jasper his tea this evening, then he licked out the empty mince container, then he whined and looked at the worktop till I realised he wanted the empty cat food tray to 'wash' for me... But then he continued whining, looking pointedly at me, and even barking. I didn't know what he was after...

... until the penny dropped. Normally, if I'm hanging around in the kitchen after he's had his tea, it's because I'm about to start preparing ours. 'Out of here,' I said, and he happily left the kitchen so I could shut the stairgate on him and then give him a treat for leaving the kitchen when asked.

Have you ever wondered just who has trained who? :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

:lol: kudos to you for figuring out what he wanted. :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Colt_An2

Post by Colt_An2 »

Sorry for not answering earlier!

JudyN, it IS unreasonable, but it fortunately isn't a habit of them. I do hope, though, that they won't ask me for more surhuman feats like that now that they know I can fulfill such a mission... And no, I was translating most of these into French.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

So you're not just bilingual, but trilingual - or maybe more! I'm well impressed. Languages were very much not my thing. Latin was OK till we got to the subjunctive...
Erica

Post by Erica »

It's been a while since I posted!

I was about to say "not too much has been happening," except a couple very big things are happening, lol.

First: Mistral!

After a long series of events I ended up with this adorable little 10-week-old fluffball, who has ear mites, a URI, and ringworm. Oops. Right now he and Delta are separated, because of the communicable diseases and because Delta is too interested. I'm meeting up with a friend next week to temporarily trade the Puppy Culture DVDs for a large crate, so we can work on some training where Delta can see Mistral. A baby gate does not stop a curious kitten. I learned that the hard way. :lol: And my crates are all solid-sided, so no help with training Del to be calm while he can see Mistral.

Big thing number two is that the friend I'm trading the stuff with and I are planning to start a nonprofit for service dog training. There are several in our area, but all work solely with program dogs, and it's very hard to find good help for owner-trained dogs. We're going to fix that! It will probably be a lot of work, but I am very excited. I love working on fiddly tasks with stable dogs. It makes a very nice break from all the reactive and fearful dogs we're helping at the company I work for. (I won't be leaving them or anything; just doing both things. Variety is the spice of life!)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

What a cute kitty, Erica :D