Sampson

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Sampson

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

I'm going to try and hope this gets submitted , I tried to write this post several times the past few days so fingers crossed you all see it.

Ok on Friday I took Sampson to the vets as for the past few weeks he has been limping but not massively more like he skips every now and then on walks ,so I took him straight to the vets and after X rays he said he has a slipped knee cap also known as patella luxation, he said its not that bad and should pop back into place.. :shock: , then on Friday just gone he was not putting any weight on it what so ever so I went to the vet who said it's now become a really bad dislocation and he will require surgery to correct the issue.

I took him this morning for his surgery as his appointment was this morning. I'm soooooo nervous.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tips on how to help him recover , I'm lucky that he is a very lazy dog so resting will not be an issue.
JudyN

Re: Sampson

Post by JudyN »

I'm glad you're able to post again Zara - but so sorry that Sampson needs surgery :(
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Everything crossed for a speedy recovery.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

The surgery went well and is a success, now it's just keeping him calm and a long road of recovery.

Wanted to let you all know he's doing well.

Lara surprised me not bothered at all that Sampson not here just going on as normal :lol:
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Oh no :( Sorry to hear about Sampson.

Givne I had to make sure Merlin didn't jump / twist / turn for a good few months I can say a lead in the house is almost a must :P
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Wanted to let you know Sampson is doing well and if all goes well then he should be well enough to come home on Friday :D

I'm just trying to keep myself busy on here by asking questions :wink: