What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Thanks!

He still does that, I can't get the hose out without him jumping in front of the water stream. He also follows me around with the sweeping brush and decides if something I have swept up isn't rubbish by stealing it and putting it back on the floor. :lol: He is lucky he is cute, people forgive him (and me) for a lot. :roll:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 pm Thanks!

He still does that, I can't get the hose out without him jumping in front of the water stream. He also follows me around with the sweeping brush and decides if something I have swept up isn't rubbish by stealing it and putting it back on the floor. :lol: He is lucky he is cute, people forgive him (and me) for a lot. :roll:
That's definitely an advantage to owning a cute dog, were poor Sampson because he looks intimidating to some people we have had a lot of verbal abuse one owner didn't want a large scary dog coming near her little chihuahua so she threw a rock at him , I won't repeat what I said or did on here :wink: , I was more than angry.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Watching supervets and already crying like a baby :lol: the Bernese is beautiful 😍.

Sampson is fast asleep , after his adventure in the snow, it keeps getting deeper here so am starting to worry how deep it's gonna get.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

JudyN wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 am And of course an 11-week-old pup isn't a threat to Bax, whereas he has to convince the husky that though he looks small, he's really like the Tardis, bigger on the inside.
calling Bax a tardis basically describes everything about him. including the random insanity and perpetual puppyhood-look.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Erica

Post by Erica »

Shalista wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm
JudyN wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 am And of course an 11-week-old pup isn't a threat to Bax, whereas he has to convince the husky that though he looks small, he's really like the Tardis, bigger on the inside.
calling Bax a tardis basically describes everything about him. including the random insanity and perpetual puppyhood-look.
I nearly fell over laughing at that. If you ever need a fancy name for registering him with any organization, I think you have a good jumping-off point somewhere there!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Sampson is in the emergency vets , I was walking with my uncle and his westies and Samoyed , we were walking in a wooded area and my uncles westies were playing together , Samoyed with my uncle on lead and Sampson off lead but by my side then out of nowhere and I mean nowhere Sampson was just sniffing near me my uncle was way ahead off us when his westies were running back and forth chasing each other and when they were running back towards us they attacked Sampson I was in complete shock they were fine with him even when they stayed with us and all of a sudden they all attacked him I was in complete shock and had never seen this behaviour before in a dog , Sampson has been attacked before but the other dog was always a stranger to us and normally was lunging at him or just runs up and attacks but this was very random and most other attacks I'm able to prevent by reading the other dogs behaviour as well as Sampson's.

My uncle helped get them off him it looked like they were trying to take down a buffalo or something iv never seen or experienced This before so am unsure why it happened.

I rushed Sampson to the vet and he's in surgery now as he kept going in and out of consciousness, the vet thinks he'll be ok but we're not out the woods yet. I'm driving myself crazy with worry can't stop crying I keep telling myself to stay positive he's a fighter. :cry: :| , the vet said he'll phone me when he's come out of surgery.

I know I shouldn't but I blame my uncle because it was only after I got Sampson to the vet that he admitted they had done this before but on a lurcher they ran around the lurcher a few times then ran back and forth between the lurcher and my uncle then they it looked like they took position as he said his male Westie ran straight at the lurcher while the tow girls ran at each side so trapped the lurcher and attacked I was fuming when I found out if I knew that I would never have let them near Sampson :twisted: , my mom keeps telling me to not blame him but I do I'm sorry but he never told me they attacked before and put Sampson and other dogs at risk I mean he's in my opinion being irresponsible if he's letting them off lead when he know they attack.

I'll let you all know how Sampson is when the vet phones.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Oh my god!

Definately your uncle was in the wrong - if your dogs have bitten before they need to be muzzled, especially if there was no obvious trigger (fear).

Thoughts with Sampson, he's a champ, he'll be alright I just know it. Honestly, I would report it to the dog wardens or have a stern talking to with your uncle about muzzles, just to save another dog from going through it.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:45 am Oh my god!

Definately your uncle was in the wrong - if your dogs have bitten before they need to be muzzled, especially if there was no obvious trigger (fear).

Thoughts with Sampson, he's a champ, he'll be alright I just know it. Honestly, I would report it to the dog wardens or have a stern talking to with your uncle about muzzles, just to save another dog from going through it.
Thanks lotsaquestions, I did have stern words at the vet but he's very old fashioned and stubborn and didn't see that it's was his fault the vet had to come between me and my uncle as I was ready to deck him one I don't care if that's wrong because of him my poor boy is in the hospital. I really hope he is ok , I'm keeping my fingers crossed I keep looking at the phone hoping it will ring soon, should I report it to the dog wardens or do you think the RSPCA? My mom told me that when he left he told my mom the lurcher did not survive her injuries :x :cry: , so I don't care if he's family he's allowed one dog to die because of his stupidity and I'll never forgive him for this.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I would report it to the dog wardens. If his dogs have already KILLED another dog I would be livid. They shouldn't be off lead at all, and muzzled. I am surprised the Lurcher's owner didn't report him, unless they tried to. The dog wardens can impose control orders, I think the RSPCA are fairly tied up with cruelty cases.

I would also be asking your uncle to pay for any and all vet bills you get.

I am angry for you right now, bad dog owners just ruin it for the rest of us. Old school or not you should have the sense to know if your dog is dangerous or not, then have the decency to protect other peoples loved pets from them.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 am I would report it to the dog wardens. If his dogs have already KILLED another dog I would be livid. They shouldn't be off lead at all, and muzzled. I am surprised the Lurcher's owner didn't report him, unless they tried to. The dog wardens can impose control orders, I think the RSPCA are fairly tied up with cruelty cases.

I would also be asking your uncle to pay for any and all vet bills you get.

I am angry for you right now, bad dog owners just ruin it for the rest of us. Old school or not you should have the sense to know if your dog is dangerous or not, then have the decency to protect other peoples loved pets from them.
The problem is I don't know the lurcher owner otherwise I would like to know if she has reported him, I have already told him he's paying which I told me were I can stick the vet bill :twisted: , even the vet said he should pay, I will report him because not only am I worried this will happen to another dog but also what about young children and babies. My heart sunk when I knew a lurcher lost her life because of my stupid uncle.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

If the Lurcher owner reported him she might have some details that can correlate with yours. Although she may have no known your uncle, she will have been able to say three westies were involved. The Dog Wardens will have this on record, especially if it happened in the same council district.

Personally I would also mention that you subsequently found out they had killed a Lurcher, I know if my dog was killed and I never knew if the other dog owner was punished for it, it would be some measure of closure and relief to know they had.
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:09 pm If the Lurcher owner reported him she might have some details that can correlate with yours. Although she may have no known your uncle, she will have been able to say three westies were involved. The Dog Wardens will have this on record, especially if it happened in the same council district.
Because he's old fashioned he never walks his dogs out of our local area so hopefully she reported him. I will report him as well .
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I am hoping that when Nettle and other experts see this they can tell we why this happened , I was thinking is it maybe because there terriers what I mean by this is there hunters so I wondered if there hunter instinct took over but I'm probably way off.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I hope Sampson is OK, Zara - and that one way or another your uncle learns that he is in the wrong and needs to control his dogs. It's not nice when things like this happen in a family but in this case, it could save another dog's life.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009