What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by JudyN »

Oh but just think what the puppies would be like :lol: I hope the Afghan's owner is going to make more effort to stop her escaping now.

I lived in Stafford for many years, so not far from you :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 pm Oh but just think what the puppies would be like :lol: I hope the Afghan's owner is going to make more effort to stop her escaping now.

I lived in Stafford for many years, so not far from you :D
I know I'm trying to not think about it as I'd be tempted to have more than one :lol:

Even when she's not in season I see her roaming but I'd rather to not say anything as I saw someone tell her about daisy roaming and she was very abusive verbally to them.

It doesn't help Sampson that were we live all the dogs on our street are mainly females :lol:

My mom keeps saying we should get him castrated but he's well behaved 95% of the time the only time we have problems is if he sees a female dog or an intact male apart from that he's great.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I would recommend not neutering if he's pretty well behaved to be honest. With Merlin he's developed some low level anxiety about being left alone since the neutering, and he gets worried quicker in general. I still prefer it to the frustrated, aggro wreck he was but there have been trade offs.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i wish id kept bax intact. we snipped him as a last ditch effort against the sea of urine but that decreased exactly ZERO post snip so it was a wasted effort and ever a dog needed lil extra confidence boost by being intact...... :roll:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I think it would be best for him if I didn't neuter him.

Well my friends and family keep talking about game of thrones and have done for years but iv just never had the time to check it out so I am gonna watch season one today with Sampson and mom and see what all the hype is about
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

love game of thrones! true to the books for the first season or so, then strays radically. can be a bit slow, lots of violence and sex
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

Shalista wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 pm love game of thrones! true to the books for the first season or so, then strays radically. can be a bit slow, lots of violence and sex
After the first season there was a surge in people acquiring Husky puppies... resembling GOT wolves... followed shortly by a surge of abandoned Huskies
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i know >.< happens every time a dog shwos up in a movie. the breed gets popular and then peopel realize what the dog is actually like and dump it. the good news is that the actress who played sansa actually adopted hers! the dog only filmed one season with them and then she adopted it so it wouldnt end up in a shelter.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I watched a few episodes but found it a bit gory and violent for me. Mind you, I am a little in love with Jon Snow :oops: I've read all the books though - I wonder if the next one will ever materialise?
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Ari_RR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 pm
Shalista wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 pm love game of thrones! true to the books for the first season or so, then strays radically. can be a bit slow, lots of violence and sex
After the first season there was a surge in people acquiring Husky puppies... resembling GOT wolves... followed shortly by a surge of abandoned Huskies
And sadly now we're seeing more Cane Corso's being sold because of Ramsay's dogs.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Maybe films and TV shows should say dog in show\film is not a true example of breed just an dog actor and you should research breeds very carefully before the show\film starts :D

This morning we have finished season one , mom was not happy at the end of season one when Sean bean character was killed as he's one of her favourite. So I really like Jon snow to Judy 😍, I like the woman with the dragons as well so far. We have just watched season 2 episode 2 , can someone please tell me was that a white walker who took the baby at the end when Jon was watching?

Every time the wolf's came of Sampson barked at the telly :lol: , the gory bits don't bother us but the sex scenes are not something we like to watch it's just we feel uncomfortable watching that sort of thing :roll: (were a bit old fashioned :lol: )

But apart from that really enjoying it and can see why so many people love it, I loved the Hobbit trilogy so I can see similarity with GOT , don't how long it will take to get up to speed with the latest season. Were hoping to finish season tow tomorrow and start season three on Tuesday.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Happy birthday Monty, 20 years old today and rocking the 'Just got out of bed' look :D

ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:17 am Happy birthday Monty, 20 years old today and rocking the 'Just got out of bed' look :D

Happy birthday monty you don't look 20yrs :D
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Still gorgeous!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

You should see him after a bath (which only happens when there's been a major toileting mishap) - he's nothing but skin, bone & fluff, and he was magnificent in his prime. But the vet assures me he's not in any pain - he just has muscle wastage rather than joint problems. Getting him to 20 was my target, now I shall aim for 21....