Introducing... Charley-Weasels!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Introducing... Charley-Weasels!

Post by emmabeth »

IF these work... This is Charley-Weasels, pedigree Saluki from Fernlark and Sotazsu lines, who arrived as a bit of a surprise just when we thought we might start looking for something pointy shaped, after losing Dillydog last summer to cancer. She's a private rehome with papers, and an absolute smasher and total diva and bonkers lunatic.

She and Tatty get on super well possibly TOO well, as they rarely stop playing! We have to keep an eye on that and ensure it doesn't go too far.

Kelda thinks she is DREADFUL which is what Kelda thinks about ALL puppies til they hita bout 2 years old, Errol is indifferent and Womble thinks shes weird and annoying.

She thinks Womble is DREAMY and wants to follow him about, riding pillion on his motorbike, smoke his cigarettes and wear his leather jacket. He doesn't really know she exists of course. He is The Fonz to her, and she is nobody to him!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Lotsaquestions

Re: Introducing... Charley-Weasels!

Post by Lotsaquestions »

She is BEAUTIFUL.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Emmabeth,

She’s adorable! I love the top photo. Sandy doex that too, & one night we went in to where he sleeps & he was sleeping win his back with all paws in the air like Charley-Weasels.

Now, how did she get that name? :D Charlie-Weasels.
It must mean something.

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

oh wow i think im in love :oops: :oops: :oops:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

She looks like she has a lot of spuk. Very pretty :D
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Such a beautiful elegant princess Image
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Aaaaah, saluki puppy!!!! I am in lerve.

Despite knowing exactly what they are like............ :wink:

Is that the name she arrived with, or the Chateau Emmabeth name?
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

The name she arrived with is Breaking The Law - she has no affix as the breeders affix had lapsed (I didnt even know you could do that but you can), she should have been Sotazsu Breaking The Law.

Her FULL name is Charley Brown Weasels King Henry...... Charley Brown for the cartoon character (being a cartoonist... and Tatty is from another cartoon, the Perishers which no one bar maybe Nettle will remember, Tatty Oldbitt the Sailors Friend) and for the cartoonist Charles Shulz, and Weasels King Henry is a silly family joke (Ottery St Mary... a funny placename) and I like to take the widdle out of silly pedigree names!

Also try calling Weasels loudly in a high pitched puppy recall voice.. its good, its loud, it carries a LONG way and is hard to make it sound angry!

And it was a LONG drive from Preston back to Worcester!

She earned herself, or rather ME, soem FILTHY looks in Caffe Nero yesterday - making RIDICULOUS saluki baby noises (now I know where Womble gets it from!!!), yowling and grunting and snorting and more YOWLING (its a kind of yawny howly thing) because she wasn't allowed to go and snot all over the cake display or snog an ancient labrador. It sounded like I was torturing her! My protestations 'shes just bored and annoyed' fell on deaf ears, I am apparently SO CRUEL...... lol!
Erica

Post by Erica »

Weasels King Henry is a good goof! I miss those magnificent men in their (barely) flying machine. Didn't know that's where the Weasels of Charley-Weasels came from but it's even better now that I do. I love all the pictures of this little Weasel and am excited to see her growing up!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

What a beauty!!
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

emmabeth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm ... after losing Dillydog last summer to cancer. ....
Wow I got out of touch. I am sorry to hear about Dillydog.
emmabeth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm She thinks Womble is DREAMY and wants to follow him about, riding pillion on his motorbike, smoke his cigarettes and wear his leather jacket. He doesn't really know she exists of course. He is The Fonz to her, and she is nobody to him!
LOL. I remember when you got Womble and now he is the mature one....wow

She is a very good looking pup. looks to be a handful, spirited and fun. just the way you seem to like them.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Oh yes - I remember The Perishers and Tatty Oldbitt :lol: and I've been to Ottery St. Mary too.

Most of all, I know those saluki yowly howly yawny grizzles.

Lovely!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

How's recall training going? I long for a saluki, but worry I'll be frustrated by their habit of recalling to 6' away from you and then doing that saluki dance to stop you getting them on lead :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Good at present...... however we have not been truly off lead anywhere exciting, only around dogs that will also recall! I am hoping the idea that its possible to NOT recall will simply never occur to her!