Superpowers

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Superpowers

Post by Nettle »

Walking through the woods, I encountered a smallish (4?) child with two women. Child ran up to me waving arms and yelling, hoping (I suppose) to interact with my dog. I have taught dog to get behind me when scared, and she duly did while I put on my sweet (hypocritical) voice, fended off the child and explained to the women (who were making no attempt to stop it) that my dog was very nervous (she isn't, but hey...). We escaped, and carried on with our walk.

Shortly after, I heard said child yelling at the top of its voice (I am not being rude calling child 'it' as it was well wrapped up and gender was impossible to detect, not that I wanted to anyway) and it came hurtling towards me (my, aren't they fast?). I signalled dog into shelter, went off the path myself for about 20 yards, women did nothing. So I stood across the path, swept my arm in front of me and yelled "STOP! Keep Away!".

And at that exact moment, child slipped and fell flat on its front. Oh heck, I thought, now it's going to cry. But it didn't - it looked at me in utter horror. As if to say "Did you just do that?"

Women still did nothing. Child ran back to them.Then started bawling. I asked if it was all right and made suitable concerned noises, and women were fine with it. Just as well - not a good way to teach a child to behave round dogs, but these were typical dippy fluffy awww women who no doubt thought every doggie was gagging to be terrified by their child.

And I 8) seem to have supernatural powers!!!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Shalista

Re: Superpowers

Post by Shalista »

The power of ice compels you!

i must say ive been pretty fortunate with people asking for bax and he usually puts up enough body language signs that they believe me when i tell them to back off. He's pretty clear when hes not in a mood to be touched and im usually really eager to get in practice when he IS in a good mood so i welcome all (polite) comers.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

8) Haha! All hail the superpowers.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Well if next time you're in the woods you have a group of children marvelling at you, you know word has spread of your powers :lol: