Alfie update

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

princesskitten

Alfie update

Post by princesskitten »

[img][img]Huge thanks to those of you that passed on advice and tip bits!

We are making huge progress. 5 months on from me getting Alfie - he is now 16 months old. He is now dry in the house (such a relief!!!!!!!) - almost paper trained for his 'jobs' - but now goes in the street on the way to work! He has made a few doggie friends - and now is starting to make human friends. We are through all the panic attacks and night terrors - still have food / kitchen issues (I think noises may be a big part of this) - and wide space issues to cop with.

Today we had a big festival in the town and Alfie had to face walking through the most people - and long walk to the car - he has ever faced. Yes - total panic - and so hard to lead work - BUT - really short recovery time - and no overhanging panic issues - did not hide when we got home - all he wanted to do was play.

His whole stance is so much more confident - he has to go to my shop everyday to work - my customers have been amazing in taking it all on board and are really helping him - and he is really working hard to do stuff. Luckily I lead a really calm, peaceful life - so he knows how things work.

I just can't believe the progress we have made in the past 5 / 6 months to turn around this scared little wreck into a confident growing puppy.
Attachments
2016-02-16 08.39.16.jpg
2016-02-16 08.39.16.jpg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
Erica

Re: Alfie update

Post by Erica »

How wonderful to hear! Great work :D Sounds like you are both learning about each other and living well.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14