referendum

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

gwd

referendum

Post by gwd »

Obviously I have no right to weigh in with an opinion on the 'stay/leave topic, but congrats to all of you for being able to vote on such an important issue. I realize that political discussions have no place on such a forum but the idea that you are able to vote your opinion is special. Not all countries enjoy such rights.

In honor of your election, I've had 'The Clash' as my earworm song of the day,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGIFublvDes
Erica

Re: referendum

Post by Erica »

The riverboat battle was particularly entertaining news :) It's very important, either way; I'll refrain from offering my opinion, but I'm watching the results with interest.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
gwd

Post by gwd »

Erica wrote: I'm watching the results with interest.
As are the world markets.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Let's just say, at risk of offending people, that if the votes were weighted according to IQ, there would have been a landslide for Remain :evil:

And before anyone does leap down my throat, there are intelligent, well-informed people in the Leave camp because it wasn't a simple decision to make and we don't really know what the long-term effects will be. But I'm still not happy.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Whichever the result, we can guarantee that everything that goes wrong for the next 10 years will be blamed on it.

But we are British. We keep (this word would be censored) on, as Churchill said. We'll put our heads down and get on with it, however it goes, as we always do.

And yes, we are so very fortunate that each of us had a vote, and our voting system is mainly uncorrupted.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
katej215

Post by katej215 »

Guys in the US, imagine waking up to find Trump is your new president? I suspect many of you would be devastated, angry, divided? This is how many of us are feeling in the UK today. I actually don't think this is a suitable topic of discussion for this forum...it's too raw.

Judy - couldn't agree more. I would like to say more but I won't.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I spent all yesterday in a doom filled daze really.. cannot believe it but.. it is what it is now I think! Ho hum!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant