If your dog were a person...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

If your dog were a person...

Post by Erica »

what would be their dream job? :)

(I stole this idea from a blog post; it just seemed so fun that I had to share it!)

Delta would probably run a gymnastics center for kids. He’s enthusiastic and has such a sense of humor. I imagine if he were a human, he would be great at motivating children, because he’s just so funny and friendly. He would also definitely have a group of kids that trained for competition. He has intense focus and seems like he would be competitive if he understood what winning was. (When it's something like "throw one ball for two dogs," he really likes to be the dog that gets the ball.)

In his spare time, he would make the coolest parkour videos. He would also upload the takes where he fails a stunt miserably and breaks bones. :lol:
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Re: If your dog were a person...

Post by JudyN »

Heath warden, responsible for keeping the deer population under control.

I did wonder about nightclub bouncer, but only if all the troublemakers are smaller than him. He would enjoy frisking their pockets and going through their bags too.

In his spare time he would slob in the sofa in front of the telly, with a glass of lager & lime in one hand and pizza in the other.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Our terrier is often referred to as the great democratically elected dictator of the people's republic of (her name) -grad.

Babydog is leader of the counter-revolutionary forces.

Avatar lady......knits :twisted:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

I think Annie would have enjoyed being a Special-Education Teacher. She is very kind to children, and has the patience to let them read aloud to her that many other people don't have. I often wonder if she might not have enjoyed being in Search and Rescue also. Oh, and she might have enjoyed being a swimming instructor. Nowadays, Annie is a retired old lady who enjoys walks, admiring people's gardens (she would be one of those very nosy neighbors and would give advice on caring for rose bushes). :lol: If she had opposable thumbs, she would bake.

Dottie would be an Olympic Athlete. Her main events would be cross-country skiing and cross-country track.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

A Corgi's personality has often been described as part cruise ship director and part hall monitor. And that is Piper to a T!! She is fun-loving and carefree until... she spots an infraction (and that can be whatever she deems it to be! :lol: ), then she is on the job, telling that person/animal off. So, I think Piper's job would be any that would allow her to make the rules, and then enforce them. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Bax would be a professional preteen. Very socially awkward. Prolly has acne and glasses. Someday he'll be an engineer or something but for now he just arrives at the worst moments and shoves his nose where he's not wanted. Way to hyper in group function but has a couple close friends who love him very much.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Ooh this is fun :lol:

I reckon P would be a bit of a rebel without a cause. One of those dangerous and attractive types ;) He'd be chasing girls and fighting boys. His handsome looks and cheeky charm would have the girls swooning, and he would always be respectful to women; but he'd be a complete hooligan and have real problems with authority.
He'd hide his insecurities behind muscles, tattoos and some serious attitude; and he would get a couple of ASBO's in his youth and have to take anger management classes.. :lol:

He'd want to be a fighter pilot or join the Special Forces, but would of course get kicked out of the army for refusing to follow orders and disrespecting his superiors :roll: If he lands on his feet he'd go on to be a stuntman or professional daredevil (or maybe a bodyguard)- he is brave and loyal and attention seeking and has very little regard for his own personal safety!

(If things don't go so well tho, he might become one of those horrible security guards who never made the real police and are just bullies on a power trip :lol: Or he'd go work for some East End villain as a debt collector or security at a strip club.. The strippers would adore him, but he'd beat people up a lot.)
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

Jasper's assistant :lol:
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

OK, Kelly would be the larrikin worker. :idea: :)

Max would volunteer to be supervisor. 8)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
katej215

Post by katej215 »

Loving the replies to this. :D

Hattie my fox terrier would probably be a professional chess player or perhaps work for MI6 :lol: Mostyn on the other hand, a simple and honest lad, would probably be content with a non too taxing job where he could chat up the ladies and he'd probably end up in a row with the lads down the pub at least once a week (not as hardcore as P tho!) :lol:
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Great creativity in the responses :D

Sky would be the 30 (or 40) something ball "boy" and security guard at the local tennis court. She is still quite taken with tennis balls and does like to "correct" dogs with no manners. (not that her manners would be considered high society :lol: ).

In her spare time she would hunt squirrels and other small vermin in an on the side pest control business. She loves to watch and stalk the squirrels that love to dangle in the trees above her head just out of reach.

Sirius would be the arrogant adult bully that nobody wants to work with or hang around. She would probably be in middle management somewhere as she is very bright and can be very good at pulling a bluff. When the office went out to dinner or the bar together, she would never buy her own food. Instead she would consume any left overs that her co workers weren't going to eat or drink. Although she might be found sneaking bits off of her co-workers plates while they were still eating.

In her spare time, she would go around the neighborhood collecting scrap metal and other treasures from trash bins on trash night.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

These are hilarious!

Some days I think Sweetie would be a stereotypical old fashioned landlady. Bit plump, bossy, bustling about, nose in everyone's business, waiting up for her tenants to come home... :lol:

She could also be a lady-in-waiting, following her lady (me!) around everywhere.

Or a nurse.

Or she could be a clown. If you can imagine a clown who puts on the funniest show you've ever seen for 5 minutes, then goes off to have a little nap.

OR she could be that weirdo at the park who looks a bit suss and waits outside the toilets for people, because, you know, that's what she does at home! She even does the right 'dirty phone call' sort of noises for the job :roll: