DAP Diffuser

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bella482

DAP Diffuser

Post by bella482 »

Has anyone ever used one?? Do they work??

Whenever Bella hears a noise outside she goes mad and starts barking, was barking all night long once and nothing we do can calm her down, it's things like the gate slamming, post coming through the letterbox, fireworks and if a piece of furniture has been moved she will just bark at it until we show her what it is. Because we don't always know what the problem is it's hard to calm her down...she's not aggressive or territorial so I think it's either out of anxiety from things making her jump or that she's attention seeking.

They advertise the DAP diffusers at my vets so I was thinking of getting one to chill her out a bit, but I don't want to get something that doesn't work or is temporarily solving a problem which may go deeper...

thanks!!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

It sounds like an anxiety problem, how do you react when she starts barking at things?

It could be your reaction rewards her, and she begins to think that when anxious, barking furiously will help the situation.

I would recommend trying a DAP diffuser - you could also look up Bach Flower Remedies, some say they work, some say they dont but for a few quid, theres nothing lost if they dont work. They DO take time though - ther eare remedies for insecurity, for fear, for anxiety etc, if i get time later ill look for my book of remedies and see which ones might suit.

Em