Doggy Diapers

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Doggy Diapers

Post by Shalista »

So I'm continuing to post on my thread about Bax's issues peeing in the house because of Ki but I'm doubtful a behavioral fix can happen so I'm posting this here.

DISCLAIMER: I'm all for actually fixing this problem! I don't believe in band aids for things like this but I just don't see how I can do anything else. Moving out is not an option and it's unlikely Ki will be moving out any time soon either. If you have any behavioral suggestions feel free to post it here or in the other thread.

Is there a health concern i should be aware of if i make Bax wear diapers in the house? I would still take him out regularly to walk him but while he's in the house he'd wear diapers to absorb any marking behaviors he may have when Ki starts barking. Are there risks to this? (I'm thinking like urinary tract infections or something) Has anyone had any luck diapering their dog?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Re: Doggy Diapers

Post by JudyN »

My SIL used them at night on her elderly b!tch when she became a little incontinent, with no problems. However, I've read several times that they can cause UTIs and skin irritation.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009