update on finding my new dog

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

update on finding my new dog

Post by master2 »

hi

I thought I would give you an update. the rescue I work with have a 12 week old Lhasa apso female who came in as her owners did not think that a puppy was this much work :roll: . the rehoming team choose me to look after her, she came in on Monday I have spent 3 full days with her and have got smitten with her, I have decided to rehome her, I told the rehoming team and they said when she is available then I can take her as she is due to see the vet on Friday so I can take her Saturday. I have filled in all of the rehoming forms and I have already had a home visit when I volunteered incase I did find a dog I wanted to rehome they did a home check.

I am really excited and cant wait and will show you photos of her on Saturday night and tell you how she is. I did read the Lhasa are hard to toilet train is this true and what is the best way to toilet train her. :D
Nettle

Re: update on finding my new dog

Post by Nettle »

How lovely. We'll look forward to the pics. :)

Nothing different about housetraining any breed - the process is exactly the same. I suspect the reputation toy breeds have for being difficult is because people treat them like toys not dogs - and also it isn't as easy to see if dogs low to the ground are about to squat. But if a pup is taken out often enough and properly rewarded, and is in good health (some breeds tend to have dodgy sphincters and I don't know if this includes Lhasas) then the process is straightforward.

Make sure she isn't spayed before she has a season, as that increases the incontinence risk.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
master2

Post by master2 »

hi nettle

thanks for the advice about spaying. and about housetraining.

:D
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

They used to be interior guardians of Buddist monstairies in Tibet.. Not exactly a toy dog, even though may look like one :wink:
Good luck!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Depends if the monks had mops to follow them round with...... :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

I have brought poppy home and she has been fantastic so far she had her 2nd jab on Friday. she travelled well yesterday on our way home as she just fell asleep, she has played with her favourite toy and it was so funny to watch as she jumps like a rabbit to pounce on it. I am still trying to upload a photo and will upload one soon. :D