My New GSD Puppy

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

Re: My New GSD Puppy

Post by master2 »

Hi

just an update and needing advice.

I am going to view a litter on Sunday :D and I cant decided if I should get male or female. on one hand I do prefer male but only because I have never been brought up around females only males. and the on the other hand I am thinking should I get female as I was told by a breeder at crufts that females are easier than males as GSD males are more headstrong and a female would be easier for a first time owner http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/images/clas ... 954bda.jpg this is mom and dad and I will be choosing my puppy on Sunday so need to make a decision. :wink:

I will post photos :D of him/her when she/he arrives home.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Some people will say that males are easier some will say females are easier, I don't think that there's any right or wrong so go with your heart.
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

As Wuf says - if either is possible, pick the one you want most. Each pup has a different personality and that is the most important attribute.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi Nettle and wuf

thanks for both your advice. Im going to choose male as I much prefer male as im more confident and know males better. there are tow males left both solid black so I can spend time with both and see which one I feel suits me the most and the breeder said he will help me choose and tell me about them both. :D

I will be putting a new post on Monday with photos of him and I know you will all be there with me and him :mrgreen: on this journey.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

update/ I did not get him in the end as when I went down to pick him up he had this hard brown stuff on his fur and when I asked she said that it was poo as one of the puppies had squirted poo everywhere and she said she had cleaned him the best she could but not only that there were no KC paper like promised and no contract of sale like promised so I said no and she did not get a penny. I turned and walked away. I have been thinking about a puppy and have been thinking that when I volunteer for the rescue I mainly deal with adult dogs the youngest iv worked with is 8months so I have decided to rescue an adult dog as I think it would be more suited to me as i have never had a puppy before and think an adult is better suited to me but I shall go to a breed rescue instead of the rspca as breed rescues will only deal with that one breed. and can match me to the right dog.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Sorry you had that disappointment but good for you trhat you walked away.

Good luck with your rescue - take your time and find just the dog for you. And when you do - we'd love to see photos! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
minkee

Post by minkee »

WELL DONE for walking away! It's hard to turn your back on a little puppy when you've wanted one for so long, but you've made the right choice. You will find the dog you are looking for eventually!
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

it was very hard as they were adorable but I did not let my heart rule my head :wink: .

I have decided to rescue one of the labs from a lab rescue I volunteer for and when I find my perfect lab I will post photos to share with you. but im also not going to rush either im taking my time for the right lab for me. :D