Cookies

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

WufWuf

Re: Cookies

Post by WufWuf »

Thought I might as well stick a pic of my new recipe on here

Parmesan & Apple
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I bought some home-made dog cookies at a show last week, and my word!!!!! My dogs have never been so obedient :lol: They absolutely loved them. Lady selling them looked like she'd been up all night all week baking - she then said she had!

Wuf I do hope you find a way to sell your cookies without it all being too much trouble.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

They do take a bit of time Nettle, especially if you are a little overly fussy like me and need to hand smooth all the edges of the cookies so that they look neat :oops: :lol:

I do enjoy making them though and they are so nice to handle for a high value treat :D .
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

A friend of mine is venturing into baking - she has sold her bread at her children's school gates and was asked by a local bakery if she could supply them, but they said she'd need some sort of hygiene certificate (can't remember the details).

She's approached her environmental health department and they have been really helpful, very much telling her how she can do it legally rather than stop her (having a dog is fine BTW, but the dog can't be in the kitchen while she's making the bread). So if you wanted to research further, it would be worth contacting yours.

On the other hand, if you want to sell the odd bag to friends 'no questions asked' it would probably be better not to, because if anyone queries it you can plead ignorance :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Thanks Judy :D I haven't really looked into it but from the struggle my raw food supplier has been going through it seems that preparing food for dogs may have tighter restrictions than food for humans, not sure if this is just on a large commerical scale or what the story is TBH.

I don't use any recipes which mean I've to come up with them myself which is fun but it means that I've no idea how a cookie is going to turn out until I cook it. I decided to try out a blackberry vanilla cookie thinking they would come out looking quite interesting.... turns out they look like chocolate cookies :shock: I've only cooked up a couple of blobs of dough to get a look at them but I'll post a picture when they're all cooked.

Honey says they taste yummy so that's all that matters really but damn it I wanted purple cookies! I've been eating lots of roasted beetroot which makes my plates (and hands) a stunning shade of purple so I might just have to try beetroot cookies next time :lol:
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Wild blackberry & aniseed cookies :D

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

They look delicious :D Do you do people biscuits too? I'm thinking white chocolate dipped, or a dusting of icing sugar...
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Judy I don't really bake much for humans as I'd eat it all :oops: (I need some impulse control training :lol: ) Mr. Wuf doesn't really like cake or cookies :shock: he does love chocolate though so it's not a sweet thing .

I do make a mean chocolate cake with a gooey middle (I can give you the recipe if you'd like :D ) but again I end up eating it and I've been trying to avoid refined sugar for a while now, thankfully I can't find a decent recipe using honey instead of sugar though I've looked .. lots. I'm going to bake my choccy cake when my mother in law gets out of hospital as they love it so I'll have to have a slice then :wink:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Ooh, I can't resist a gooey middle! But my own middle is getting a bit gooey and DS2 makes a pretty good chocolate cake too, so please don't tempt me with your recipe! :lol:
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

How are the pooches liking the aniseed Claire? I've got some in my cupboard but not used it yet. They look yummy :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

JudyN wrote:Ooh, I can't resist a gooey middle!
All gooey and warm with ice cream melting over it is the BEST thing you could eat in my opinion, excuse me while I go mop up the drool :mrgreen:
ClareMarsh wrote:How are the pooches liking the aniseed Claire? I've got some in my cupboard but not used it yet.
I was impressed at the response Clare :D , as you haven't tried it yet you could do an experiment and hide a little bit of it somewhere to see if the chis go looking for the lovely smell :D I reckon you could play some fun scent games with it I just don't have the space to try :lol: though I might put a few seeds in a puzzle game for Honey just to make things more interesting :idea:
ClareMarsh wrote:They look yummy :D
thank you :D they actually smell lovely too (I gave a few to a lady today for her elderly ailing lab and she had a hard time resisting putting them in her mouth :lol: )
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

WufWuf wrote:I was impressed at the response Clare :D , as you haven't tried it yet you could do an experiment and hide a little bit of it somewhere to see if the chis go looking for the lovely smell :D I reckon you could play some
Oh yay :D Zoe says her pooches go mental for it, once I've used a few more of my current batch up I'll make some treats with it in :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Thought I'd show off my latest creations :P

These are "Beetroot, coconut and goats cheese" Honey is CRAZY about these as she has a coconut fixation :lol:

These are "Lamb and Rosemary" made with lamb bone broth.

Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Wow! They look really yummy.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Those do look yummy. :D I love the shapes of your little cookie cutters too.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.