Which dog would you like to spend the day with?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sanna

Re: Which dog would you like to spend the day with?

Post by Sanna »

Ooh I can't choose.. I'd love a day (or week) with a big lovable cuddly lump of a dog, that would be happy just to hang out, snuggle and maybe go for a walk (one walk as opposed to 3 a day would be lovely- Precious goes a bit nuts if he's not taken out morning, mid day and evening..). Maybe Erica's Zeus? Or a giant Sweetie :lol:

I'd also really like to meet Nettle's Avatar Lady :D

And I am pretty sure Jasper would provide a pretty interesting day :lol:

It'd also be cool to meet Breeze I think, with both mine and Minkee's boys being the same age it'd be kinda fun to see how the two teenage hooligans compare.. I bet he's awesome!
gwd

Post by gwd »

Sanna wrote:Ooh I can't choose..
i know, right? we hear about the antics of all of the member dogs and it's almost like we know them.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

But what's really nice - and I'm sure this applies to everyone here - is that when I think about which dog I'd like to hang out with, go for a mooch with, play a game with, and share my bedroom with, the one I come up with is MY OWN!! :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
gwd

Post by gwd »

JudyN wrote:But what's really nice - and I'm sure this applies to everyone here - is that when I think about which dog I'd like to hang out with, go for a mooch with, play a game with, and share my bedroom with, the one I come up with is MY OWN!! :lol:
ummmm, not so fast. baby girl is in season right now.........

I'm happy to let someone else enjoy her cuddles. today is day 5. say I send her to ari's dad for some good snuggles on about day 9/10.......he can send her back in a week. I expect her to be returned to me in the same, 'pure' state that I sent her! after listening to ari howl and having to practice juggling dogs, it will cure him of any thoughts about getting a lovely female ridgeback!
rnor1120

Post by rnor1120 »

I'm not usually a little dog person, and in general I'm not a chihuahua fan, but Ted's got so much personality I think I'd get a kick hanging out with him for a day. Definitely has to be more manageable than two nutty pitties :lol: .
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

gwd wrote: ummmm, not so fast. baby girl is in season right now.........

I'm happy to let someone else enjoy her cuddles. today is day 5. say I send her to ari's dad for some good snuggles on about day 9/10.......he can send her back in a week. I expect her to be returned to me in the same, 'pure' state that I sent her! after listening to ari howl and having to practice juggling dogs, it will cure him of any thoughts about getting a lovely female ridgeback!
This popped a few of my "Let's get a lovely female ridgeback!!!" balloons.... :(
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Coming back to this cos I remembered something I did once you'd all find funny.

I do adore meeting other peoples dogs, particularly in their own homes and seeing how they live... anyway years ago I met a guy called ... mm lets call him G, online, a friend of a friend, some long and convoluted connection.

Nice young man, younger than me.... as I was dropping him back home, given I had heard so much about his dog I sort of stumblingly fumbly said 'Can I come in and meet your dog please'...

Which very much came across as a chat up line... and really wasn't.

I did meet his dog, and he was lovely, a disreputable old chap indeed and now that I visit peoples dogs professionally of course it does't seem such an odd request but ... 15 years ago it did!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
doggiedad

Post by doggiedad »

my own.
gwd

Post by gwd »

emmabeth wrote:'Can I come in and meet your dog please'...

Which very much came across as a chat up line... and really wasn't.
it coulda been worse!!!! :wink:

emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

SNORT!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant