Introducing..... Womble!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sanna

Re: Introducing..... Womble!

Post by Sanna »

Oh my goodness. Oh wow. He's so... Long :lol: He's amazing!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

He is one handsome boy! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Fundog wrote:Ditto to everything everyone else already said. He's a baby giraffe! :lol:
I ditto that, too.

He is all legs. Wow, hard to believe he is a PUPPY!

Wow.
Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

To make you even more envious... (ill fix that in a bit), he is also INCREDIBLY affectionate and LOVES cuddles, albeit still on his terms.

So much of the frustration and hatred of restraint from his early days is now just a distant memory, just now he has climbed into my lap (awkward with the size of him!), if I sit on the floor no matter how flaked out he is, he will drag himself up to come and snuggle up with me and more and more these days he wants to just come and rest his head on my lap or if im sat, plonk it between my boobs and close his eyes whilst i rub his enormous lug-holes!

However before you all rush out to get one...

He steals like a demon, still, he is still capable of diving in and snatching food from your hand - he can time a sandwich snatcheroo so that that split second where the sarnie is unprotected as you aim it towards your face and open your mouth, he dives in and its gone!

He is still horribly car sick and really hates going in there (more work feeding and playing in car).

He is scared of cattle and I ballsed up the other day and he got the opportunity to run at some bullocks (fortunately dog proof ones!) and shout at them (they did nothing at all)...

His worst crime to date though was fortunately unnoticed by anyone but me... he trotted after a man on a walk, and jumped and grabbed the back of his coat. He must have done it very gently as the man did not appear to notice (and he had greeted the man in a perfectly acceptable way as he'd passed us), but of all his deliquencies THIS is the one that has the most potential to go wrong, so we will work on him seeing people moving past, a nd also recalling from people moving away from him as he really must NEVER think its a fun game to chase and grab people!

So yes he is gorgeous and stunning and extremely fun to train, but hes damn hard work and has the potential to get himself and me, into some pretty deep trouble too!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Swanny1790

Post by Swanny1790 »

Emma, I sometimes feel like the very best dogs are also the most difficult to train. I have to laugh at the sandwich thieving, though. Amazing Grace has proven her ability to grab a sammy, leaping from floor to table to sammy more so quickly that the human's teeth clicked on pure air. It was one of the funniest things I ever saw her do, though my mushing partner that day wasn't nearly so amused as was I.
"Once infected with the mushing virus, there is no cure. There is only trail." - Sven Engholm
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Oh Emma that's a cheeky looking head on him :D He's lovely and looks like a lot of fun (in a masochistic way :mrgreen: )
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

He looks like he has huge eyes :D I want to see his face :D

His misdemeanors have put Ella's occasional misplaced wee into perspective :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
gwd

Post by gwd »

Swanny1790 wrote:I have to laugh at the sandwich thieving, though.
one of my previous English setters I showed in obedience as well as conformation. at one show, we were entering the obedience ring and I failed to notice the judge had left his lunch on the judges table. ........as we passed, quicker than lightning, my girl swiped and swallowed his entire sub sammie. technically the judging hadn't already started as we'd not lined in in heel position. to begin, you must be in heel position, the judge must ask, 'are you ready' and you must respond to the affirmative. that said, I'm convinced we were more harshly dinged some points off of our total score.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I will try to get outside one day when theres some decent light, wtih the proper camera - its so hard to photograph a black dog indoors under 'low energy' (ie, low bloody light!) light bulbs!
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

emmabeth wrote:I will try to get outside one day when theres some decent light, wtih the proper camera - its so hard to photograph a black dog indoors under 'low energy' (ie, low bloody light!) light bulbs!
Tell me about it, although Minkee seems to have no such problem :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

gwd wrote:
Swanny1790 wrote:I have to laugh at the sandwich thieving, though.
one of my previous English setters I showed in obedience as well as conformation. at one show, we were entering the obedience ring and I failed to notice the judge had left his lunch on the judges table. ........as we passed, quicker than lightning, my girl swiped and swallowed his entire sub sammie. technically the judging hadn't already started as we'd not lined in in heel position. to begin, you must be in heel position, the judge must ask, 'are you ready' and you must respond to the affirmative. that said, I'm convinced we were more harshly dinged some points off of our total score.
gwd,

I think the judge learned something, too, like keeping his lunch elsewhere until ready to eat. What was his sandwich doing in front of a bunch of dogs anyway! Girl dog won the sandwich prize! :lol: :lol:
Obviously, the judge didn't have any counter surfing or sandwich snapping dogs.

I love it. :lol: :lol:
Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
gwd

Post by gwd »

DianeLDL wrote: sandwich snapping dogs.
emmabeth did say that womble can fly.........I can just picture him going airborne and snatching his prize........feet and ears flailing.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Years ago when I went on my course to learn leather work, I took Dilly dog with me...

What I didn't know, was that every day he went into the tutors office and helped himself to the guys lunch - he would take out the sandwiches and the tangerine, squash the tangerine and slurp all the juice out, and then eat the butties (or occasionally eat the bread and leave the filling!).

This all came out at the end of the week, as he hadn't the heart to tell me as it would have meant I'd keep Dilly on a lead the whole day and that would have stopped Dill visiting him for fusses when he was in his office!

Once this was revealed a shy man on the course also piped up and said 'Every day when the butty van has come, I've set out my lunch on the desk and gone out to buy a drink and some crisps... and when I come back, your dog has stolen my pork pie..........'

So I asked HIM why he hadn't said a thing either, and he said 'well... I wasn't sposed to have pork pies for lunch, I told the wife I'd stick to my diet whilst I was away...'

I had of course spent the whole week wondering why Dillydog wouldn't eat his bloody dinner when we got back to our hotel room! Of course he wasn't hungry on a diet of sandwiches, tangerines and pork pies!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

What a cutie, Emma! :D Just think: You got yourself your own "exercise machine"! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
gwd

Post by gwd »

emmabeth wrote:I had of course spent the whole week wondering why Dillydog wouldn't eat his bloody dinner when we got back to our hotel room! Of course he wasn't hungry on a diet of sandwiches, tangerines and pork pies!
I can't believe both of those men were such slow learners to have left their lunches unguarded for the whole week! day one........sure, I see that happening. day two, maybe. I can guarantee you by day three I'd have protected my lunch!

dillydog did his part to help the one guy with a reduced calorie lunch!