This is my year :D

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BCMumto3

This is my year :D

Post by BCMumto3 »

Yesterday I went to the very last appeal tribunal I could ask for that would decide whether or not I was allowed to have all the back money of my ESA , they kept saying I couldnt have it because as far as they were concerned me and Steve were a couple , just cos he still lived in the same house as me.

And I WON :thumbup: :D

Id fully decided that I wasnt going to win , not after over a year of fighting them , but the Judge was lovely ... she seemed to understand my sociophobia too and kept apologising for asking so many questions and keeping me there for so long
I can hardly believe it :) over £5000 I was told im going to get , ive never seen that amount of money , much less have it myself

I spoke to Steve on the phone and asked him if he would be willing to accept half of it towards paying him back on what I owed him (he paid for everything while I was fighting to get this money on the proviso I paid him back ... and I am paying him £40 a fortnight already from my ESA towards that debt) and he was more than happy with that :)

So now im looking at bedroom sets ... ive never owned a new bed , so im going to get myself a new bed and matching wardrobe/drawers etc , nothing fancy , and put the rest of the money in my bank and forget its there

Could this week get any better :w00t:
I have my Daughter and Grandkids here all this week :001_wub: and now lots of money too ... well it will take anything up to 12 weeks for me to get it but ive waited this long so whats a couple more months , lol
And to top it all off nicely going onto the street to put the bins out and fetch them in isnt stressing me at all anymore , so now I have to think of another way I can push myself towards beating this sociophobia :D

It looks like 2013 is going to be my year :thumbup:
Nettle

Re: This is my year :D

Post by Nettle »

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D

May this be the best year ever!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Erica

Post by Erica »

Congratulations! It sounds like the judge was a good egg. Good for you!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Yay, how fab :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Well done! :D Not just for winning your case, but for surviving the appeals process. Been there, done that with DS1 and I found it absolutely soul destroying - kudos to you for hanging on in there and seeing it through to the end.

And kudos to Steve for supporting you financially (and no doubt emotionally).
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Great news!
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Great news! Congrats!! :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Thats fantastic news - I absolutely HATE the assumptions they make over such things, I know we nearly had a similar problem years ago when I let a room out to a friend.

During the visit, the woman refused to do things like, see that we had separate bedrooms, see that we had separate cupboards or that the fridge and freezer were clearly divided... apparently even though I offered (as did Stef) to show her this, it was an invasion of my privacy and she wasn't allowed to look...

So then they decided we were 'living together as if married' - which we were not of course.. I appealed and won after just a few weeks but that was back on the old system, not the new ESA malarkey.

What really galls me is that my sister has co-habited either as part of a couple or as two women just sharing a house and because its always been women shes lived with she has NEVER EVER had them make that decision - assumption is two women.. must just be friends. Man and woman - must be a couple.

I thought we had left the dark ages!

Anyway, well done and you enjoy your new bed!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant