Weirdest dog-eating monsters?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Re: Weirdest dog-eating monsters?

Post by emmabeth »

Kelda once had an absolute total meltdown... at a 'hole in the wall' ATM.. no WAY was I being allowed near enough to get any money out of it.. nooooo, it was going to EAT us all!

If we have decent snow in winter, most of mine are a little concerned about the small rather fat white people with the black eyes that appear on corners and in peoples front gardens - they need to be shouted at and in some cases, growled at, and then widdled on!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
easilyconfused

Post by easilyconfused »

I remember a few scary dog eating monsters.

A few years ago we where at a street festival in Luton. We where working backstage and the dogs where keeping the sound engineers amused by teaching them how to play fetch the way they like. I took my golden girl lab for a wander around the streets as I went to get some curried goat from a nearby shop. As we where walking out of the crowds onto a quite road she stopped ridged, hackles up with a low deep growl that made the remaining people on the path cross over the road.
Then I saw it, sat in the middle of the road. The object of terror that needed to be driven off. It was an old boot, motionless in its bid to eat my dog.

Our Collie met a monster on a walk around the lake once, a giant white skip-bag full of sand sat waiting to get us as we went down the path. Apparently even with me sitting on top of it rolling a smoke, it still wasn't safe enough to approach without a very low profile and she was ready to run :)

The last one was the scariest though. During some football event last year our local council decided to put some "England" statues up to celebrate our team. For those who don't know we use 3 lions as our symbol. 3 six foot concrete lions it would seem. Poppy my darling lab was not going to let them giant cats near her. She seemed very suprised when i walked up and gave it a big hug, our collie was bemused though because in her head she saw concrete.
minkee

Post by minkee »

I hope those tigers don't live up to the title of this thread, jacksdad!

We had a weird one just now - walking home we met a pair of westies coming the other way that Scout has seen countless times before, and always gotten on fine with. The difference being that she always meets them on a green when they're running about and she's playing ball. This time they were on one of those leads that split into two right at the bottom, and she did NOT want to go near them, she backed off, slinked her ears back and bum under, and wanted to cross the road. The only thing I can think is that she thought they were a 2 headed dog-monster! because they were walking along so close together.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Karma seems to watch these alien things we humans cannot see, move her bed as she tries to lay on it. As for me watching this event before me, all I see is her moving the bed on her own as she is trying to make it comfortable for herself and her snapping at these invisible "aliens" I cannot see. :? It's a ritual I witness every night, nonetheless, it is quite entertaining! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown