Just saying Hi

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BlueLiddy

Just saying Hi

Post by BlueLiddy »

My name is Joyce and I live in Arizona, USA. I am 68 years old and have 5 beautiful dogs whom I adopted. I used to have 6 but last week, my beautiful Redhead minpin, Cassie, died. she had been a very sick girl for a very long time but she was with me for 11 years and I miss her too much to say. But I have 5 others. 4 Italian Greyhounds, 2 I adopted at 13 years old because I was caring for them for the IG rescue and they had such a difficult time I just couldn't see them having to readjust after finally settling in here. And, I have my beautiful Sebastian who is 12 years old and blind from diabetes. He is my comedian dog and I so wish I could afford to give him his site back. His personality altered when he became blind. But, I love him to death. I have Nickolas, who is about 6 now I believe. He was trained to be my service dog and he is beyond belief. He had lived in 8 homes before he came to me. 8 people rejected him in the first year of his life and though he came with a lot of problems he is now my service dog. Love him to death. I also have Eddie, a coton,, who I rescued from the pound because he was on the death list. He was only a year when I got him but he is about 3 now. They are my family. I swear they keep me young! For those of you who are aware of Arizona you are probably thinking that where I live is very hot but, alas, I live in the mountains and it NEVER has reached a hundred here and it snows in the winter and goes down to close to zero.

I love to garden and i love trees! I planted a forest when I first moved here and even though my friends think my back yard is a jungle, I love it! :D Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I really can't seem to understand how to post. I am so confused. Joyce
Miles

Re: Just saying Hi

Post by Miles »

Hi Joyce :D Your ' family ' sounds beautiful, how do you keep up with them all! I've only just joined the forum and am hopeless at knowing how and where to post messages..haven't figured out how to put photo's on yet!! :lol:

My name is Clare and I live near Glasgow Scotland, It gets really cold here in winter too! I love the sound of your home in the mountains..as for the garden..the wilder the better,sounds great :P I'm 42 years young,wife and mother and I have one dog! He is called Miles( after Miles Davies the jazz trumpeter), He's a ten month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and full of energy and love, I adore him :D

Speak again hopefully, Bye for now! or cheerio as we say in Scotland.
jilldiane

Post by jilldiane »

Hallo Joyce

your little family sound lovely, I`ve always admired IGs but never owned one. I never knew Arizona had mountians and could get very cold, im ashamed to say my geography is so poor I thought it was all flat and desert like :oops:

I have lots of shrubs and trees in my garden too, its not very big so it does look a bit jungle like but I like it, though if it keeps on raining like it is at the moment in England it will be totally out of control come autumn. :D

Hope you but some pics on of your dogs would love to see them

jill
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D
--dontpugme
BlueLiddy

Post by BlueLiddy »

Miles wrote:Hi Joyce :D Your ' family ' sounds beautiful, how do you keep up with them all! I've only just joined the forum and am hopeless at knowing how and where to post messages..haven't figured out how to put photo's on yet!! :lol:

My name is Clare and I live near Glasgow Scotland, It gets really cold here in winter too! I love the sound of your home in the mountains..as for the garden..the wilder the better,sounds great :P I'm 42 years young,wife and mother and I have one dog! He is called Miles( after Miles Davies the jazz trumpeter), He's a ten month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and full of energy and love, I adore him :D

Speak again hopefully, Bye for now! or cheerio as we say in Scotland.
I have no idea what I am doing. I'm trying to reply! Scotland! Near Glasgow. I have so wanted to see Great Britain and of course Scotland! I'm really confused as to how the United Kingdom is made up. Are you a British subject? Don't want to insult you but do Scots think of themselves separate from England? I used to have a Scottish friend in my childhood. Her father was from Scotland. His name was Bennett I believe. He always wore a kilt (?) to certain functions we had in San Diego Ca...my birth town...and he had bag pipes too. :D Her family was a lot of fun and I always enjoyed taking the train and spending time with them.

You have great taste in Jazz. My husband really loved Jazz and Miles Davis was one of his very favorites. I love him too. I also like swing and the big bands and I used to put on a record and would pick up one of my Ig's and dance with him while Stuart (husband) clapped and danced along. I had two IG's then and had to put one down and dance with the other. Auggie B Doggie and Charlie Little Dog and me dancing swing with Stuart clapping and singing and dancing along. Those were such good times! :D

I have always wanted a King Charles! What is their personality like? They are such beautiful dogs. Give a kiss to your sweet friend from me. :)

Most people think of Phoenix when they think of Arizona but Lord, I could NEVER live in Phoenix! The "air" temp there gets to 124! Now "air" is different then what you and I feel. It is the temp in the SHADE on the north side of your house. The temp you and I will feel is the sun pounding down on you and the street and the houses and that temp rises so high many people literally drop dead. The real tragedy occurs when someones Air conditioner quits! Time to live at the mall or in the movies. I stay away from that end of ARIZONA. I live 5300 up in the mountains and though we don't have rain like you do we are not a desert. When we get rain it will rain 7 inches in a matter of minutes and another odd thing is that it may rain totally in your front yard and not a drop in the backyard. Really odd. We also have so much lightening someone always dies every year sometimes more then one person. And it snows in the winter but luckily usually the snow disappears by the after noon. :D I should say accept where there is shade but we can get snow storms and blizzards even into spring and in fact had one just a few weeks ago and I think it killed all my fruit because the flowers had come out. Alas, no peaches and no nectarines this year...again! LOL Thanks for the warm welcome... I think it is time to put on some jazz and make a Bloody Mary and watch the news. Let's talk again!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi Joyce and welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Welcome aboard the forum, Joyce! :D
BlueLiddy

Post by BlueLiddy »

jilldiane wrote:Hallo Joyce

your little family sound lovely, I`ve always admired IGs but never owned one. I never knew Arizona had mountians and could get very cold, im ashamed to say my geography is so poor I thought it was all flat and desert like :oops:

I have lots of shrubs and trees in my garden too, its not very big so it does look a bit jungle like but I like it, though if it keeps on raining like it is at the moment in England it will be totally out of control come autumn. :D

Hope you but some pics on of your dogs would love to see them

jill
Hi Jill, IG's are the sweetest dogs! Just so sweet I cannot even explain how much. You didn't say anything about the dog or dogs you have. Do you have one or many? I love trees...wish I did live in a forest! :) England, my father's family came from England originally. Have always wanted to go see it but never have been able to. I love your politics! :D Joyce