Hello from Manchester UK!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Butterflyist

Hello from Manchester UK!

Post by Butterflyist »

Hi folks!

I'm new here though not new to dogs, having grown up with them all my life & pretty much never been without them. However, I've recently adopted a 5yr old Staffie cross from a rescue, now named Zuko, & decided he might need some specific input & training.

I already have an old Staffie girl called Ruby. She's 13 yrs old & has been with me since 6months old. She has some funny little ways but is very easy & has never really needed much of a definite approach. Zuko on the otherhand, obviously suffering with the recent upheaval (owner died) is showing some unwanted behaviours such as humping, excessive barking when left alone, separation anxiety & last night he growled at me when I tried to take his ball to play with him. He's also chasing the cat although can be calm around it too.

My mum is very of the traditionalist methods which I used to think were the right way too, until I got Ruby and saw we just seemed to find ways of working together! I want to work with Zuko to decrease his anxieties not punish him, hence why I'm here. I really don't want the growling to escalte though so tips welcome. He also sleeps in my bedroom currently as barks so much when left downstairs the neighbours have complained.

Andrea
dontpugme

Re: Hello from Manchester UK!

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

Feel free to ask any questions (even if you think they are dumb) in the Dog Training Advice or Training Tools section or Health, Diet, and Exercise according to the topic of the question.
--dontpugme
Butterflyist

Post by Butterflyist »

Thank you I will!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog