Puzzle Toy Question

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Dogwoodblossom

Puzzle Toy Question

Post by Dogwoodblossom »

My dog looooves the puzzle toys. The ones she has she's figured out so when I put them together I try to make them as difficult as possible, and we're always on the lookout for new ones. Today I bought a cool one called the [url=http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Pets-Monste ... B0026RTP56] Monster Mouth{/url]. It's a much different kind of puzzle than most of her others and she's really into it. But she's been wrestling with it for a good while now and she doesn't seem frustrated, she's still going crazy, but I'm pretty sure there's only one treat left in there. Is it better to just take it away now before she gets frustrated or to let her play with it till she either solves it or gets bored?
Horace's Mum

Re: Puzzle Toy Question

Post by Horace's Mum »

Personally I make the most of the peace and leave Horus to play as long as he wants to!! Sometimes he gets bored before he has finished, and sometimes he carries on working just to see if there is anything else (being deaf he can't hear treats knocking around inside so never knows whether he has finished or not!!).

Have to say, that toy looks good. Is it like a ball with a slit that opens when they chew? Or is there a slit there all the time for treats to fall out of?
Dogwoodblossom

Post by Dogwoodblossom »

It's got a slit with monster teeth in it. If you put in little tiny treats that could fit between the teeth they can knock them out. Otherwise some work is involved. It's set up a little like a coin purse so if you pinch the sides the mouth opens wider and if you press on top it closes. I stuck a greenie in there and the toy actually grips it in it's teeth. I put in a bunch of little tiny treats, and some flat ones so that if it gets rolled/shaken the right way those can slip out between the teeth a little. She is really into it, we might be looking at a new favorite here. Plus I like it cause it's cute.
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Oooh, I think that might be going on Horus' Christmas list!! Hope I can get them in the UK :(