Cold Wheather/Walking Dog

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Kalo

Cold Wheather/Walking Dog

Post by Kalo »

Hi Everyone,

I am sure I am going to get some laughs because here in Arizona 55 degrees in the morning is cold :D

I meet up with this gal and we both walk our dogs in the park at 6:20 a.m. in the morning. It is now getting colder, and we walk both dogs in the park. In the morning the grass is wet because the city waters it two hours before hand. I was told they are going to cut down being that it is fall.

My questions is: I have a Cava Poo with longish hair and her paws grab everything. At time they get wet after walking. My girl (Cuddles) is a 1 year and 8 months old. So, is there any danger in her paws getting wet while walking her. Does she feel cold? Could she develop arthritis. I know she is young, but, I just want her to be comfortable.

Right now she is enjoying her early walks and doesn't seem to be bothered by her paws getting wet. The gal I walk my dog with tells me that dogs are rugged and love this type of wheather. She owns a black chow mix and she is 1 years old.

Thanks in advance!

Kalo
maximoo

Re: Cold Wheather/Walking Dog

Post by maximoo »

Hi Kalo, no problem here. Cuddles is perfectly fine to get her paws cold & wet. Dogs have fur between their toes & most dogs can run/walk in snow for long periods of time. I know it may seem like she might be uncomfortable but she isn't.
Just wipe & dry her paws as you have been doing.

You are a good sister!
Kalo

Re: Cold Wheather/Walking Dog

Post by Kalo »

Hi Maixmoo!

Cuddles, park buddy's Mom said the same thing. Not to be concerned as dogs are sturdy and are made for cold wheather.

How is Max doing? I hope he is doing good :D

Thanks again,

Kalo