Blue Buffalo Recall

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by Leigha »

Hi guys, it's been forever since I've been on, super busy with school and pretty much dead to the world as soon as I get home. I hear that stops in the 2nd trimester so I'm holding out for 2 and a half weeks. Just thought I'd share since I think there are several on the board who feed Blue Buffalo:

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/news/vitamin ... 5QodvEf6iw

Three of Blue Buff's flavors have been recalled for having too much vitamin D. They say the side effects disappear completely when the food is discontinued. The company is offering reimbursement for the product as well as any reimbursement for medical treatment needed for the dogs that are ill because of the excess vitamin D (testing, treatment).
runlikethewind

Re: Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by runlikethewind »

How come you guys get so many dog food recalls in the US? I've not known any in the UK - I'm interested to know why. I think we have much stricter controls on quality.
Mercurykitty

Post by Mercurykitty »

I just started feeding Rose Blue Buffalo Small Breed Puppy a few weeks ago. Lucky for us it's not involved in the recall.
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

I heard about the recall on AnimalRadio on XM last Saturday. They said the plant where the food was made also make vitamin D and they mistakenly made a batch of food after making a batch of the vitamin D hence the problem.
Blackie's and Misty's Mom