hydrocephalus bulldog :(

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ioannemi42

hydrocephalus bulldog :(

Post by ioannemi42 »

So, this is about my 5-month old french bulldog puppy.. he still hasnt got his other ball out but now a more serious problem appeared.. last week at about 2 am he woke me up, he was vomiting everywhere his food, and i thought maybe his stomach ached but he vomited again every half hour until morning and in the vomit it had some blood and he also had some diaria.. at 9 am i took him to the vet.. he didnt know what he had,he said that he wasnt vomiting, but he was coughing.. we did a blood test and it turned out that the PLT was very low, i didnt understand but he told me that this helps the blood to coagulate..
he was taking zantac for his stomach for 7 days and also vibramicin(i think this is an antibiotic). when the vet was examing him, he became very unfriendly and he started biting him.
i took him again today to the vet to re-examine him.. as soon as he got on medicine he stopped vomiting and he was fine.. the vet told me to continue with the vibramicin for another week and to bring him in a week to re-examine him again. he told me that its the first time that he sees a french bulldog to attack, and exceptionally at the age of 5 months, and he told me that he has watcheye ( his eyes are looking to different directions) and he thinks maybe he is hydrocephalus.. i told him that generally he understands things and that he doesnt bite me, only when we play sometimes, which is normal.. he only became aggressive when i the vet wanted to put the needle in his leg, to take the blood.
I am so worried.. is this a good thing or a bad thing? i dont know what to do, and i dont know what i can do.. :( :( :(
maximoo

Re: hydrocephalus bulldog :(

Post by maximoo »

Did vet take a scan of pups brain? Did he talk about possibly putting in a shunt or something? If i were you I'd do some research on line for symtoms, treatments. etc. IIf you think Dr is inaccurate or looking to pad his pockets find another vet asap. Best of Luck to you!
ioannemi42

Post by ioannemi42 »

no he didnt take a scan.. no i dont think that he is inaccurative, i trust him, ive had this vet for all my animals, for many years now and he has saved my dogs many times..
should i ask him to scan his brain? can he do that?
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

I believe your vet may have made the suggestion of hydrocephalus based on other existing conditions aside from the attempt to bite (It is almost unheard of with French bull dogs, they are so sweet) I do not wish to rush to any conclusions or offend anyone here, but this poor dog seems to have a lot of issues for it only being 5 months old.
If it were me, the breeder I bought it from and I would be having a "come to jesus meeting". If your dog is a hydrocephalic dog, I would demand the purchase price of the puppy back from the breeder.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Have your researched it on the internet? I came up with this at my first try http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... 09&aid=448
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]