Feedback on Housetraining JR Mix, Misty

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bmbutler

Feedback on Housetraining JR Mix, Misty

Post by bmbutler »

Update on Misty: Stilling pooing outside without a problem (although if people would clean up after their dogs, it would be great!! Had to clean carpet at 3:30 am Sunday morning!).

The problem still is peeing. Misty sometimes doesn't seem like she can wait or understanding to hold it for longer than 15-20 mins. I take her out about every 30 mins. This morning: Took her out first thing - peed. Feed her and took her out again in 30 mins after that -peed and pooped. Got ready for work. Checked on her several times (I live in a one bedroom apt right now) and everything was okay. Got ready to take them out and in last 5 mins before I get the leash, she has gone in the living room! Should I get a vet to check her for urinary infection?

She will last in her crate while I am at work and overnight. Even took a snooze with me on my bed Saturday for 2 hours with no problem. She then will go through a spell where she wants out every 15 mins.

Ideas? Thanks!
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
Nettle

Re: Feedback on Housetraining JR Mix, Misty

Post by Nettle »

A check for UTI is wise here, I think.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
bmbutler

Update on Misty

Post by bmbutler »

Thanksfully, her UTI results were negative and she is now completely clear of worms. It is really sad what worms due to dogs. When I took her to get checked out 2 months ago when I decided to adopt her she weighed 19 pounds. Due to growth and de-worming, she weighed in yesterday at a healthy 32 pounds! Doctor said she is doing great.

Probably seems to be her excitability and "overlearning" my bell idea to let me know when she wants out. She has learned to ring the bell, but also associates it with getting to go outside. She did better yesterday. I kept her attention playing with her and not letting her and Blackie get too hyped up playing together.

He also said to go ahead and try her on Blackie's food - Nature's Recipe Farm Selects to see if that will help her tummy versus the puppy version. She does seem to be better.
Blackie's and Misty's Mom