wild mushrooms

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

chifan_32

wild mushrooms

Post by chifan_32 »

I have seen wild alot of wild mushrooms in my yard , and i was just wondering should i keep them away from my dogs ? I try to pull them but sometimes they beat me ! what do the mushrooms do to a dog?
Leigha

Re: wild mushrooms

Post by Leigha »

Hmm... I'm definitely not an expert, but it probably depends on the specific mushroom. Some are poisonous, others are not. I personally don't know the difference between them, so I pull them up when the little things pop up in my yard. Thankfully, my dogs aren't interested in them at all.
sherrymyra

Post by sherrymyra »

I'm not an expert either but my Lucy ate one with a brown top. Within 30-45 minutes (can't remember exactly) she threw up and had terrible diarrhea for quite some time. The diarrhea just ran out of her for about 30 minutes, it was that thin. She was sick for almost all day.

Now I keep her away from all mushrooms. I panic every time I think she may have gotten a chance to have eaten even part of one.
chifan_32

Post by chifan_32 »

I read online that the wild mushrooms , aren't really good for a dog no matter what kind they are ! Think we need to keep them out of our pets sight ! just Google wild mushrooms and dogs!
chifan_32

Post by chifan_32 »

Wild mushrooms can cause abdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, coma, or death.

this is the info i found online !
sherrymyra

Post by sherrymyra »

There are some that are plain deadly. I'm not sure if there are that type in my area but I won't take any chances anymore. I researched mushrooms on the internet after we got home and her symptoms were exactly what were listed on the not lethal type. Others don't show any symptoms until 3 days after consuming and then it is surely death.