Reverse Sneezing?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Chezzy

Re: Reverse Sneezing?

Post by Chezzy »

Thanks Doolally, have pinched her trachea and no cough, it definately sounds like a reverse sneeze!!
My Best Friend is a Puggle :-)
Chezzy

Post by Chezzy »

Upate on Missy: Went back to the vets today for check up. Missy definately hasn't got Kennel Cough and is reverse sneezing. It has calmed down somewhat since I last posted and the vet isn't at all worried about it and to just keep an eye on it for the next 6 months. Thanks for all your advice on here, much appreciated. :!:
My Best Friend is a Puggle :-)
GllntKnight

Post by GllntKnight »

Both my JRT's do it on a regular basis. Not to worry.
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I found gently stroking under my dog's chin and down the neck helped him.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

One of my dachshunds had a problem with reverse sneezing, and he had a very long nose even for a dachshund. I think the sound is what scares us the most. A lot of people mistake it for seizures, but it isn't. If it helps any, this dog lived until he was 19, and died in his sleep.