Our favourite place

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Maggie

Our favourite place

Post by Maggie »

We have a lovely large park near to us, only a couple of minute walk away, but with our Monty being deaf, we obviously cannot let him off lead like we can with Ethel, as he has no recall ability. So we have to go for a good long walk and then its off into the tennis courts for us. I have an agreement with the local park attendant, that, so long as noone is or wnats to use the court it is all ours. Free of charge, so long as any mess is cleared up. To be honest by the time we have got round to the tennis courts, they have both done all their doo doo's and its bagged and binned by the time we have got there.
This little bit of freedom, does Monty the world of good, and also as it is a hard floor court ( concrete) it wears down his nails and toughens his pads a treat. I usually take in a ball for them both to play with but 9 times out of 10, they just have a general play about, and we just chase each other around for a bit ( me included.. much to the amusement of passers by)
The only other thing the 2 of them really really enjoy is going down by the river o the back of the park, and back home the long way. This takes us past our local wildlife reserve and our local footy stadium :D On the way we see no end of rabbits and at the moment there are loads of babies too. Ethel goes off and chases them about, never catches them thanks goodness! while Monty just happily plods along. I dont think he can be bothered with trying to chase, even if he were off lead. He's a bit of short spurt kind of a dog, where as Ethel would go walkies all day if you let her. Her dad will jog along next to a horse for 7 or 8 miles a day.

I do have to be careful with Monty though as he has got a heart murmer, so we are slowly but surely working him up to full stamina, to get his heart stronger.
Well thats our fave place to walk. maggie