where to find those nifty food hiding toys?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DannyboyStephjoy's OES

where to find those nifty food hiding toys?

Post by DannyboyStephjoy's OES »

I think that's a great 'exercise' tool. But I've never seen them in stores here in the states. Anyone know?

I just love those toys that the dog has to turn and play with to get food out.
We have one puppy OES named Chiquita and two cats!
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Danny, I've found several of those toys at Wal-mart. Included in what they carry is a "treat ball." You take the stopper out, and load it up with very small bits of food-- kibble works best. At the other end is a little sliding disc, so you can make that opening very very small (making the bits come out with more difficulty), or wide open (making them fall out very easily). The stopper is also specially designed with a small gap in the stalk, allowing some bits to come out that way. The inside of the ball is layered with little shelves for the bits to knock around on, and slow them down even further. My Annie absolutely LOVES that thing! The only caveat is, it is very noisy, and since we have some odd sleep/work hours at my house, we don't have it out very often.

I've also seen a number of other items they carry in their pet section. The Wal-marts in my area have just recently expanded their pet supplies section to carry more of these neat toys, so it could be that your store just doesn't have it (yet?).
mj702002

Post by mj702002 »

Have you tried a Petco or Petsmart?
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

I found them at PetSmart, Petco and online at Petedge.com.
The best days are spent with my dogs.