Sushi has a sensitve tummy - which foods can help?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Bonnie

Sushi has a sensitve tummy - which foods can help?

Post by Bonnie »

Sushi is 5.5 yrs old. Since he was a pup, he has been prone to Colitis. He does quite well with the food he is eating. It is treats that usually causes any problems. So, he gets very few of them and when he does, they are tiny pieces.

On one of Victoria's past shows, she mentioned feeding rice & carrots (adding it to the dog's diet). I was just wondering if there is a website I could go to that would list what Sushi might need (or recipes). Sushi loves rice and cooked carrots (and green beans, too).

Sushi has been under a lot of stress in the past 6 months as we moved and are living with our in-laws. He is not 100% comfortable with my Father-in-Law, but we are making progress, and both have come along way. I know this stress can cause problems in his diet, so if I can add to his diet to help him, I would like to do that.

Thanks,

Bonnie & Sushi
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

My parents go here because our dog has allergies.

http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/fr ... -for-dogs/

It's all fresh food recipes. You might have to buy a few things such as yogurt and other stuff. Hope Sushi's doing well!
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

http://www.dogaware.com/specific.html#ibd

That website doesn't give you any recipes, but it DOES tell you some things you can do to help Sushi. Once you go there, you will see a list of diseases. Count down to the eighth one and it will say

# IBD, IBS, Colitis, and other Gastrointestinal Disorders including information on EPI, SIBO and Addison's Disease

Its the longest one there, so you can't miss it. It will tell you stuff like slippery elm bark can help soothe the digestive tract and relieve inflammation.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Actually, I don't think you will need to click on the eighth one anymore. I THINK its already set to the right one, but if you do need to click on it, then do just that. :idea:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)