peanut butter treats

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

cheesehawk

peanut butter treats

Post by cheesehawk »

Ok, about 3 weeks ago, my gf found some peanut butter treats at a pet supply store. Not knowing these were dog treats (she threw the box away and they were left in a ziploc bag) I thought they were little candies for us and ate some. :oops: They were delicious!

Unfortunately, the pet supply store has since closed down, and neither of us has any idea where these little treats came from. They were small, about nickel sized, shaped like little cookies, and as far as I could tell, practically pure peanut butter, just firmer. I really want to find these again for my dog (and I'll be honest here, myself as well) but can't find anything like it in any of the big petsmart/petco stores near my house. Anyone ever see anything like these? I have no idea what the original box looked like, and I would guess the ziploc bag contained about 3-4 oz of the little "cookies."
zeus'fostermom

Post by zeus'fostermom »

After I saw your post I had to consider trying the peanut butter treats I give my dog. And ... suprise ... they are quite good. lol .. never thought I'd have done that. Anyway, they are STAM peanut butter and blueberry and if you can't find them at your local pet supply store you can find them online at http://stamtreats.com. All their treats are grain free and made of quality ingredients. It's also important to note that they have not be caught up in the current peanut butter recall.

Happy treatin'

[/img]
Foster failure ... I've adopted Zeus !
cheesehawk

Post by cheesehawk »

Thanks, they're not the ones, but I will give them a try. I figure anything I'm scared to eat myself can't be good for my dog (barring some of the liver or other wierd flavor choices dogs love).

When I was little, my mom and dad always had to stop me from eating the dog food, guess some habits are hard to break? haha
zeus'fostermom

Post by zeus'fostermom »

lol .... yeah, I ate dog food as a kid as well. We need to be careful what we give our four legged friends. Seems like there are recalls everywhere ... both human and dog. Sheesh!

Hope you enjoy the STAM treats if you aren't able to find the others!

cheers
Foster failure ... I've adopted Zeus !