Tough Toys

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

cindynok

Tough Toys

Post by cindynok »

Hello All,
We have 3 boston's in the home presently and well they can destroy any toy beside Kong toys. We use fleece fabric and braid it for tugs and it holds up fairly well, but other than that-only one old plastic toy that looks like a steak has survived. They shread tennis balls, love rawhide chews and their toy tub is kept full of goodies, only because we keep buying more.
Is there any other type of relly tough toys you have found? I have even made stuffed toys with a canvas lining and those bite the dust too.
Thank you,
Cindy
Cindy from Oklahoma
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

I have heard good things about orbee toys
Suzspots

Post by Suzspots »

My dal Jiggs is a "toy destroyer" and so far the only toy that has been able to survive for more than a few minutes is the "Wubba"
http://www.wubbaworld.com/about/
Suzi and the Spots
Belle and Jiggs
www.dreamweaverdals.com
"Everybody needs their own spot"
Huckleberry

Post by Huckleberry »

Wyatt ripped the water Wubba in minutes after it was given to him by a friend, the canvas Wubba was much tougher. Now they LOVE those little round squeaky toys that have feet on them and they are hard to destroy! Although they are annoying as heck and the ones at the assisted living have just disappeared, I think our coworkers seceretly hide them, lol
Rhonda
&
Huck-Miniature Australian Shepherd
Wyatt-JRT
Callie-All American
www.freewebs.com/jacksrfun/homepage.htm
m8r5k

Chew toys

Post by m8r5k »

My dog is great about only chewing his toys. However those toys he will shred if given the chance. To save money and make it more fun, I put destructible toys up. Tennis balls, tug toys, and stuffed toys are brought down only when I am playing with him. Even though he is only 20 lbs I buy him chew toys I used to by for my Rottie. Those toys can stay down. Like you said Kong toys are great. Some of them seem kind of boring though. Here are some tough toys my dog enjoys.
http://www.petco.com/product/107368/Nyl ... -Chew.aspx
http://www.petco.com/product/6025/Jolly ... -Toys.aspx (My dog did chew the handle off, but the rest of the ball survived)
http://www.petco.com/product/108138/Nyl ... w-Toy.aspx (This is great, and has lated 2 years).
Huckleberry

Post by Huckleberry »

I dont like to leave tennis balls out, if I have a dog that is going to chew it. The outside is very hard on the enamel of the dogs teeth and will actually wear them flat. The tire toys are pretty undestructable as are many of the tug toys.
Rhonda
&
Huck-Miniature Australian Shepherd
Wyatt-JRT
Callie-All American
www.freewebs.com/jacksrfun/homepage.htm
draghilupi

Toys

Post by draghilupi »

My lab/german shep mix has I guess decided it was chew everything again. I have had to take about 5 toys away from her in the past two weeks. I will admit I think I know the problem, I live in KY and with the ice storm and the really cold temps I have not been able to walk her. As soon as I can make it outside with out worry about falling (I have fallen twice) she's back on her walk schedule. In the mean time, any ideas for some decent toys? She chew through a kong early today, but I think it was one of those for puppies, although she is only about 8 months old. I also give her ice for something to chew on. Oh she also has a back yard to run around in till I can take her for walks.

By the way on exercising, I highly recommend the harness we have seen on the show. That has made a great difference in our walks.

Thanks!
draghilupi

Toys

Post by draghilupi »

My lab/german shep mix has I guess decided it was chew everything again. I have had to take about 5 toys away from her in the past two weeks. I will admit I think I know the problem, I live in KY and with the ice storm and the really cold temps I have not been able to walk her. As soon as I can make it outside with out worry about falling (I have fallen twice) she's back on her walk schedule. In the mean time, any ideas for some decent toys? She chew through a kong early today, but I think it was one of those for puppies, although she is only about 8 months old. I also give her ice for something to chew on. Oh she also has a back yard to run around in till I can take her for walks.

By the way on exercising, I highly recommend the harness we have seen on the show. That has made a great difference in our walks.

Thanks!