For those who like to garden

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DawnStorm

For those who like to garden

Post by DawnStorm »

While you're doing your thing, your dogs can be romping around and having fun. Just about every weekend during September and October, I would be outside. Those two months are great times for fall planting in the Mid-Atlantic area. Naturally Flanders and Bruce were outside with me. I simply made sure they had plenty of fresh water, and while I gardened in the side or front yard, they got to rassle, romp and bark at people on the other side of the fence waiting for the bus. Didn't matter that they couldn't see the people. They knew they were there. Whenever I needed a break, I'd toss the jolly ball for the dogs or just sit and pet them. At day's end we'd all be tired! Of course my two jokers get exercise year-round, but if the weather is nice (low humidity, not a cloud in the sky), then it's a pretty safe bet that the three of us will spend the day outside. 8)
Now that gardening season is over except for occasional brush clean up, we'll be heading to the park more often.
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!