CBD for anxiety in my dog

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

3spoiledpets

CBD for anxiety in my dog

Post by 3spoiledpets »

Hey everybody,
I have been researching CBD oil and am curious: has anyone used this to help ease anxiety in their dog? My dog, Sasha, doesn't have separation anxiety, but gets very anxious on walks due to being dog reactive, and is hyper-vigilant while looking for dogs. Although we have been doing counter-conditioning for the 4 months we have had her and have seen improvement, lately she has been extra anxious around our neighborhood because she knows that is where she sees dogs. So, for those of you who have used CBD oil with your dogs: have you seen positive results? And do you think that it helps/would help with general anxiety like Sasha's? Additionally, how do you think this compares to the Adaptil collars/spray?

Thank you!
Erica

Re: CBD for anxiety in my dog

Post by Erica »

I haven't personally used it, but a friend with an anxious dog is happy with how CBD treats have been helping her dog. It doesn't magically make him "normal," but he is better able to cope with situations that would be very difficult for him otherwise. I believe she uses Adaptil spray as well and the combination of both is better than the Adaptil alone.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14