Help for noobs

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Help for noobs

Post by Shalista »

Hey so my vet just contacted me. Apparently someone there is interested in starting raw feeding and is looking for info. The vet sent them my way and now I'm scrounging for info. I learned most of my stuff from you guys :lol:

Any sites i could send for a quick how to? I was just gonna direct them here but our stuff is a bit spread out across a bunch of threads (raw food is 38 pages) so i was looking for something shorter. (still totally directing them here ALSO, just looking for a shorter intro to raw food)

I was going to direct them to Preymodelraw.com but tbh i dont use that many dif meats AND i feed a ton of veggies and pumpkin so i'm not sure how honest it would be for me to direct them there? :?

I have my 1 Month of Raw Feeding thread which might be interesting but it's not really a how to guide.

Thoughts?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Re: Help for noobs

Post by JudyN »

This could be a good one: http://dogsdinner2.webs.com/ The author admits to being a little on the fence regarding veg so isn't dictating either way.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

perfect! thanks! :P
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

The book that started me off (loaned by a gamekeeper with a load of working dogs) was vet. Ian Billinghurst's Give Your Dog A Bone. It isn't the most fluent read but is packed with information.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

thanks Nettle! I know you've been doing this for SEVERAL dog ages so i was hoping you'd chime in =)