Teeth brushing

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Teeth brushing

Post by Shalista »

So bax has always had AWFUL breath. He's also always hated having his teeth brushed. Once i switched him to raw his teeth became sparklingly white.... but the bad breath remains. i dont want to torture him with a tooth brushing if his teeth are clean, it's just the smell thats awful. any recommendations for minimizing doggy breath without brushing teeth? he really does love to give whuffly kisses and while I'm flattered i have to do my best to not pass out :lol:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Erica

Re: Teeth brushing

Post by Erica »

This is where minty "dental" chews might actually do something! Delta's breath turned minty after my grandma got some peppermint toothbrush shaped chews. They did nothing for his teeth but did work on his breath.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

What brand or ingredients should a person look into for dog tooth paste?
3spoiledpets

Post by 3spoiledpets »

There are some good minty sprays that you can use, or mint-flavored dog treats! My Sasha also LOVES frozen raw bones with the marrow still in them, which further helps to clean teeth. However, if his teeth are super white and his breath still smells you might want to consult a vet to make sure that nothing is wrong physically.

Good luck :)