Females Jasper fancies

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Females Jasper fancies

Post by JudyN »

Jasper has tried to mount three b!tches in his life (not counting me :lol: ). The first, when he was quite young, was a young girl just out of her first season, which makes sense. The second, a few weeks ago, was a 7-month-old pointer, who I assumed must be coming into her first season, though her owner thought it was a bit early. But today he tried it on (politely and tentatively, and easily distracted) with a 10-year-old spayed black lab :shock:

He meets other dogs regularly so I can't imagine this is a generalised behaviour to any female. He was immediately interested in her rear end after the first usual friendly sniff.Can older spayed b!tches sometimes exude a smell that can interest male dogs?
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Re: Females Jasper fancies

Post by Nettle »

Older dogs, like older people, can be brewing up a variety of illnesses, and these change scent. If I were that dog's owner, I'd get her to a vet for a full health check.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Thank you :D Though I can see many owners responding with 'Your dog's misbehaving and you're blaming my dog?' Still, we've all been there, usually with the 'But my dog was just being friendly' line :lol: I could start with 'Do a lot of dogs fancy your dog?' :idea:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Yes :lol: I can see how difficult that would be.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS