Electric shock

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Cookie Monster

Electric shock

Post by Cookie Monster »

Yesterday Cookie and I were playing on my bed when he jumped off and went under my bed, he sometimes hides under there. He was playing with a socket he chewed on a plugged in cord, he came running out, I checked under and saw the cord and realised he had been shocked. I freaked out and my first thought was rush him to the vet but so close to Christmas I have literally $1.80 in my bank so I called them in a panic. His teeth were discoloured but seemed ok the vet nurse talked to a vet and told me if he was acting ok eating and drinking then he should be ok but if he went downhill to call back. He was back to his playful self within minutes apart from a vomit which she said could just be because he was in shock of what happened and the stuff whatever it was has pretty much all came off his teeth. He has been eating, drinking and playing normal, I have now noticed some hair around his jaw has been burnt off and he does have a vet visit in 3 weeks. But silly me has been in google and now I am worried about potential affects internally like his heart rhythm, how could I tell if something was going on, also will there be more after affects in his mouth in a couple days? Boy did it scare the crap out of me I was freaking out more than him and have been running around like crazy taping all my wires and spraying bitter spray on them, has any one else's dog bit a cord and got a shock?
Cookie Monster

Re: Electric shock

Post by Cookie Monster »

Oops read that back he was playing with a sock not socket