Pet safe disinfectant

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Pet safe disinfectant

Post by bendog »

More for the ferrets than the dogs.

Ferrets are raw fed. And stash food which leads to maggots :evil:

I try to clean them out regularly and remove anything they haven't eaten, but it's a paved area and sometimes stuff gets down the cracks. Looking for something safe I can use to hose the area down with and not harm the ferrets. If it can also be use inside to mop kitchen floor (where sash eats) then even better!
JudyN

Re: Pet safe disinfectant

Post by JudyN »

Hibiscrub? I don't know if you'd need too much of it to hose down the area as opposed to just wiping though.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lavish application of diatom. earth will deal with a lot of it. But summer maggots are a fact of life with summer ferrets, and they won't die of it if the odd one appears.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
minkee

Post by minkee »

This stuff gets recommended often, especially after reading about Jeyes fluid causing random aggression: http://mistralie.co.uk/collections/pet- ... nt-premium

It says you can use it for washing out food bowls, so in theory should be safe! This is only what I've read though, no first hand experience :)
minkee

Post by minkee »

There's 3 versions, premium, standard, and unscented. Don't know the difference between the first two, other than a couple of quid
bendog

Post by bendog »

Thanks

I had thought of DE but I'm skeptical how well it works. They really are messy little things, and excellent escape artists so trying to move them into a smaller run so I can clean them out is a heck of a job! Need to train them I think :wink:

Opened the door to feed them yesterday and they just poured out like water :lol:

Thought if at least once a week I can wash everything down thoroughly, and just poo pick and sweep up in the mean time that might help. Just hate the thought of them living with maggots, especially in their bedding (though wonder if the gecko would eat the ones that appear??!!)

Put a tunnel in to seperate the sleeping hutch from the rest of the run to try and stop them taking stuff into their beds, but of course they just ripped it out :roll: