Chopping balls off or..... chemical castration...??

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

lorrelau

Chopping balls off or..... chemical castration...??

Post by lorrelau »

I was just wondering, after watching the episode with the "humping english bulldog". In the episode the owner is adviced to chopp the balls off, who then refuses because he feels personally attacked.... as to: "it feels like you are going to chop my balls off" Anyway... I was wondering, to find out if the dog does better after castration, why not use an alternative method like chemical castration... I know I'm not very in to chemicals, it all sounds a bit scary... But I have seen people with oversexed dogs, the chemical castration acts as a real castration for quite a while... then when the dogs are over their puberty or calmed down a bit, and the chemical wears off... they are often much better and are able to keep their precious testicles ;)! Also I think there is some sort of "chip" designed, which gets injected under the skin, and dissolves over time, spreading this 'castrating' chemical through the body... works pretty much the same as the injection, but I must say, I don't have much experience with it.

Let me know what you know and think of chemical castration, I'm very curious :P