what to feed a shihtzu prone to bladder stones

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

betty123

what to feed a shihtzu prone to bladder stones

Post by betty123 »

Hi I have a 3 year old shihtzu who has just undergone her second operation for bladder stones her last op was six months ago. When betty had her first bout her stones were sent for analysis and we were advised to feed her science plan c/d. This obviously has not had any effect yesterday I had to rush betty to the vets for bladder stones again. I have just picked her up and she is now recovering from her operation. The vets are sending her stones for analysis again in the meantime they wanted me to continue feeding her the science plan. I have questioned this as I do not want to give her food which is having no effect on her bladder stones. I suggested that I feed her fresh food and going to give her boiled chicken veg and brown rice. The vet did say that she might be better on this as it is a wet diet. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of bladder stones and what diet they give their dog. I am concerned that in another six months she might have them again she cant keep having operations every few months seems very cruel doubt it would be good for her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.