Itchy ear

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Re: Itchy ear

Post by Nettle »

WufWuf wrote:was told "all our vets are very good
You can hire me for a reasonable fee :twisted: last time I was told that I snapped back "No they aren't" before I realised what I'd said :lol:

Long before I met my present wonderful vet of course.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
minkee

Post by minkee »

Nettle wrote:Long before I met my present wonderful vet of course.
Somehow I misread that as prescient - which wuold be a wonderful trait for a vet!
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Nettle wrote:You can hire me for a reasonable fee :twisted: last time I was told that I snapped back "No they aren't" before I realised what I'd said :lol:
The funny thing is I used be much more fighty and had a slight case of open mouth see what comes out, but at some point I went totally the other way and now I really have trouble finding the right balance :? .
minkee wrote:Somehow I misread that as prescient - which wuold be a wonderful trait for a vet!
That would be sweet :lol: .
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I'm normally very measured in what I actually say as distinct from what I want to say - but this time it got the better of me :lol:

I was waiting in current vet's waiting room one day some years ago when out came a lady with her dog, looked round at me and the receptionist and said: "That man is GOD!"

So you may be right......don't tell him though.

WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

I had Honey back at the vet this morning and she is doing much better. There's still a little bit of head shaking and ear scratching but much reduced. She going to stay on AB's for another week and then I'll bring her back for another check.

She's much better in herself so it does seem that there as some kind of an infection going on. I still haven't managed to get the quercetin and TBH I don't have the money now as we've had a lot of unexpected expenses. Feeling very guilty about that :oops: but will keep giving her the honey we have and I've also cut out chicken from her diet (she's now getting salmon, duck, lamb heart and some calves liver as rewards). I don't really know what else to do at the minute as I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to get her allergy tested for a while as it looks like we'll need the dog sitting money I was going to use for them so that we can all eat :roll: .
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

You need to allocate funds the best way to keep you all going, so never feel guilty about that. When circumstances ease up a bit you will still be able to get the things you can't afford just now. Most of us have been there - I certainly have.

WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Thanks Nettle :D I always feel a bit guilty that she didn't end up with someone richer so it's nothing new really I guess :lol: .
minkee

Post by minkee »

I don't think Honey's life could be any more rich - even if a millionaire had took her home
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Thanks minkee that made me a little teary and I'm not moved too easily. I didn't mean to sound like a big moany pants it's just one of those times where too many things happen at once.
Dawnflight1984

Post by Dawnflight1984 »

WufWuf wrote:I had Honey back at the vet this morning and she is doing much better. There's still a little bit of head shaking and ear scratching but much reduced. She going to stay on AB's for another week and then I'll bring her back for another check.

She's much better in herself so it does seem that there as some kind of an infection going on. I still haven't managed to get the quercetin and TBH I don't have the money now as we've had a lot of unexpected expenses. Feeling very guilty about that :oops: but will keep giving her the honey we have and I've also cut out chicken from her diet (she's now getting salmon, duck, lamb heart and some calves liver as rewards). I don't really know what else to do at the minute as I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to get her allergy tested for a while as it looks like we'll need the dog sitting money I was going to use for them so that we can all eat :roll: .
I know this thread is a little "old" but I just read it and I think it's interesting. I just wanted to add though, that salmon is high in histamine, if Honey (or any person or dog) is getting itchy, it may help to cut it out for a while... http://www.livestrong.com/article/39482 ... histamine/

Where can I get quercetin by the way?