A few concerns

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MiaRose100907

A few concerns

Post by MiaRose100907 »

I have an almost 5 year old GSD/Pit mix. He's always been healthy, but recently there have been a few issues I am concerned about.

Issue #1:
A while back he developed a small growth/bump near his eye. It was small, and didn't bother him at all. It began to get bigger, and at this point I asked his vet about it, who didn't seem concerned about it. Said that we could remove it for a large sum of money which I didn't have at the time, or I could just leave it. She recommended getting it removed, to prevent it getting ripped away and infected but didn't seem too urgent about it. She said sometimes these things disappear on their own too, and resolve on their own. So, being as how I didn't have the money, I chose to see if it would go away by itself. Unfortunately it keeps getting bigger, and is now bleeding every now and then, especially if it rubs on something. Again, it doesn't bother him but it bothers me and I am concerned it could be something serious. I am going to take him in as soon as I can but I wanted to get the opinion of some on here and see what you guys might think it is?

Issue #2:
Today, for whatever reason, I looked at my dogs gums. I don't know what made me do it, but I did. I was worried because his gums and tongue were pretty pale. Not as pink as they usually are. I know that pale gums and tongue are a bad sign, and I tried getting a pic of his tongue but that proved to be rather difficult. His gums, by the time I got a picture do look a little better, but I did manage to get a pic of the skin inside his ears which seem pretty white when they normally are pink. They are very cold too, and I suppose this is a good thing since it's so hot outside in my area.

I am unsure what is going on with him (if anything at all). He seems fine, active still, drinks lots of water and seems to still have an appetite. Playful still too. Just am worried that something might be going on on the inside that I cannot see.
Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated! I attached the photos I took. Thanks all!! :) Apologies about the sideways photos... it wouldn't let me rotate them!